Chapter 16

Selene looked at Iorveth with a raised eyebrow. "Wanna actually explain what you mean and why I'm getting it?" Iorveth raised an eyebrow before he let her go and stood up. "Iorveth?" "Hmm? One second Sele, I'm making sure everything is here first." And low and behold it was. Getting out what he needed to tattoo her he walked over and sat down on her right side. "The right?" "Mhm, unless you can handle the left side." Selene raised an eyebrow at this.
"How about you answer my question before anything else happens." Iorveth sighed. "Honestly, I thought it was self-explanatory. I'm giving you the mark most Scoia'tael have. This way if for whatever reason you end up alone and you're trying to find your way to us and run into another group. They'll see the mark and take you in no questions asked. Then again, even without it, any unit would take you in." Selene slowly nodded her head. She understood what he was saying. "You're getting it because I along with others believe you're the only outsider who deserves it."
Now she just stared at him. "Don't look at me like that Sele, you know better. You're no outsider. I'm just saying you're the only Vatt'ghern." Selene just laughed. "Oh, I knew what you meant." He just stared at her. "You cheeky little brat." She shrugged. "Guilty." He Only grinned before gripping her chin. "Yeah?" She raised an eyebrow. "Mhm, what are you gonna do about it?" He chuckled before kissing her cheek and then down the side of her neck where he nipped hard. "Hey!" He pulled back and chuckled. "That's what I was gonna do."
Selene laughed a sound he easily could say he enjoyed. "Alright Sele, left or right." Selene stared at him before she put pressure against the left side, it was a bit tender but nothing she couldn't deal with. Between Triss healing her, and the fact she ended up taking Swallow while she spoke with Jaskier, her ribs were almost done healing. "Left side." He raised an eyebrow. "They're healing?" "Just about. A bit tender but that's fine, it's just the last of the muscle probably."
Iorveth nodded as he got ready. "Alright Sele, shirt off, ah, binding too I'm afraid." Selene felt both of her eyes widen and she swore her eyebrows probably vanished into her hair. He was kidding, right? "I'm not even kidding Sele. Now come on." Selene mumbled under her breath in her home towns language and he raised an eyebrow. "Did you just insult yourself?" Selene looked at him and she was now sorely tempted to throw herself off a cliff.
"You were weren't you." Selene shrugged and slowly removed her shirt and bindings. Iorveth, however, couldn't help it. He looked at her and had to force himself to keep calm. She was literally built to perfection. Lithe muscle, a few noticeable scars, her breasts were full and if he was right they would fit his hands perfectly. Shaking his head to rid himself of that thought, he moved to her left when he saw the scar from the Katakana in its full glory. It went through her back and all the way through her stomach, along with a few scars on the back and shoulder.
"Fuck Sele, when you said the Katakana should have killed you, you didn't joke." "Nope, I was very serious." He mumbled a curse. "Well, you're still beautiful." Selene felt her face heat up and without thinking used her arm to cover her chest and he chuckled. "Right just don't move the other one and this will work." Selene only nodded and then he started. After two hours had passed he had just finished the final touches when he applied the salve that would help it heal.
"There, now it's done." Selene looked down at her side and her eyes widened. It started from what looked like the top side of her neck down to the top of her ribs. In the middle was a moon but most of it looked as if it matched his marks. "What do you think?" Selene looked at him and smiled. "I like it, but why does it look similar to yours?" He only smiled. "That's my reason. Also, I added a few similar to Cedric's because he refers to you as a sister." Selene nodded and quick I rewound her bindings before slipping on her shirt with Iorveth's help.
"Thanks." "You're welcome. Now, was there anything you wanted to do?" Selene looked at him and shrugged. "Not really, I'm honestly exhausted. I used a lot of energy restoring your eye." He nodded as he cupped her face. "Then lay here and rest. I have a few things to take care of." Selene, however, went to stand and he looked at her. "Where are you going?" Selene blinked and rubbed her head. "I was gonna head to my tent. Just in case I fall asleep." He shook his head. "Sele, just rest here I promise it's okay." He could see however the hesitation in her eyes and he understood.
"Alright, Sele. If you really wish to return to your tent you can. I just figured you would prefer the company after everything." With that said she gave him a soft smile. "Thank you. I might just stay here." He smiled back and kissed the top of her head before leaving. Selene faintly smiled before she laid down on his bedroll and closed her eyes. The exhaustion she felt easily catching up as she finally succumbed to a night of deep sleep.