Chapter 17

A few weeks had passed and the winters winds were picking up and Selene had to stay inside more. The cold being harsher on her body than the others. Yet that was the mistake. Because the second she was alone a portal opened up in her room and both Geralt and Yennifer came through. Leaving Selene feeling on edge. "What do you two want?" Yennifer crosses her arms as she waited. "Geralt is anyone else here?" "No, it's just her. She can't be in the cold."
      "Good, now we can talk. Selene, we know we hurt you." "I am going to stop you right there." They both went silent. "Hurt is a drastic fucking understatement. You dragged me along and destroyed my heart! I told you to pick because some part of me fucking hoped you wouldn't be such a bloede idiot and abandon me on
The side of the road!" Geralt winced And Yennifer looked away. "You witch have no right to even speak of this! He fucking left me to my own demons! It took months to recover from the devastation that he caused me!"
      Geralt took a step towards her and she held up her hand. "You move one fuckin step closer Geralt and I will send you flying." He crossed his arms. "Coming here was a mistake. Because you know what? I'm over you. Yes part of me will always love you. But that is long over. You and I are no more." Everyone was silent. Yennifer because she didn't want to risk the wrath that was a livid Selene. "So what you're with Iorveth now?" Selene's temper rose to new heights. "Who I am with is none of your concern you nosey bastard! You lost that right a long fucking time ago! If you knew your love for Yennifer had been coming back you should have left me before it got to the point of no return!"
       Everyone was on edge now and Selene was ready to hurt them both. They ambushed her the second she was alone and thought she would be civil? "So that's how it is?" She snorted. "Before you Geralt I didn't have standards and now, now I do. You were okay with my self-destructive nature! Something no one should have been okay with!" "You wanted to be alone!" "No!" This time her powers started to rise. "I never wanted to be alone! I was okay with it because you were! You were so okay with me being gone you never saw the way the rift began!"
      Now he flinched and made the mistake of trying to touch her. "Don't touch me!" And with that, she blasted him into the wall. "I hope you enjoy living in MY shadow Yennifer. And yes I mean MY shadow! You'll never be half the woman I am. I am more than willing to let him go. I don't need him or want him! I wish you two nothing but happiness. But cross my path again and I won't be as civil as I was today!" And with that, she threw on her cloak, one that was a gift from Iorveth, and ran out of the tavern.
     The harsh winds hitting her face but she forced herself to keep going. She had to finds Iorveth. Never once looking back. Never once seeing the shock on their faces or the way they left. Needless to say by the time Selene got to the Scoia'tael camp she was freezing. Her limbs were stiff but she was hurt. Looking around she soon spotted Iorveth. Forcing herself to move again she ran over and before anyone could stop her she wrapped her arms around him and hid her face against his chest leaving the man startled.
     Looking down he soon saw it was Selene and his arms wrapped around her instantly. His concern taking over. Selene was supposed to be at the Tavern/inn and now she was here. "Sele? Sele what happened?" Selene only shook her head. Which made him frown who or what cause his Selene to run out into the freezing weather and to the camp. "Selene, what's wrong?" The use of her full name was his mistake and she pulled away. Her eyes were glassy, and dull, her lips pale and her fingers twitching as if she was trying to keep them moving. That's when he dragged her into his tent leaving everyone else baffled.
     "Selene...." she covered her ears and his heart broke. "Sele I want to help you, but I can't until I know what's going on." She finally looked at him. "Jaskier and Priscilla went out. They had to check their shipment, Zoltan and Eskel are here so I was alone." He nodded. He knew Selene hated being alone but something else happened. "All of a sudden a portal opened and Geralt and Yennifer came through." Now he understood and he was fucking Livid.
       "I get it now. But keep going." Selene nodded as she retold him what occurred and he smirked. His Selene stood her ground and told the witch that she would always live in her shadow. Not the other way around. Because it was true, Yennifer would never be half the woman Selene was. She was kind and loving. Gentle, compassionate, and more. "You had every right to attack him. And to remind that woman it's your shadow she lives in. Not the other way around." Selene slowly nodded. He could see the hurt. "But now you're hurt and cold. So come here and I'll hold you. I'll hold you till you're okay."
     Giving him a weak smile she stepped back into his embrace and he wound his arms around her. His poor Selene, she didn't deserve this Shit. However, it wasn't long until Cedric came in with a blanket. "Iorveth, I'll sit with my sister. You need to go explain to Eskel and Zoltan why she bolted here. I already know. I had a vision Of it  and I was about to take off when she showed up." Iorveth nodded and slowly let go of Selene but not before he placed a chaste kiss to her lips. "I'll be back." And with that, he left. Cedric waited a second before wrapping Selene up and then held her close. "Sleep Sor'ca. I promise when Jaskier arrives with his wife it will all be okay." Selene nodded and since she was now safe and warm she slowly fell asleep while Iorveth explained what happened.