Chapter 19

It was now the beginning of spring and jobs for Witchers had started showing up once more. Selene was in Novigrad looking at one of the jobs that would take her at least 3 days to finish. This one involved an old curse and the person who had posted it was living on the outskirts of the city. Frowning slightly she took the job and started to head towards the gates when a voice caught her attention. "Well damn Selene, not even gonna stop and say hello?" Selene blinked and turned before she saw the arrogant smirk of Lambert. "Lambert." He grinned as he gave her a mock bow.
"I would drop kick you if it wasn't so good to see you." Lambert laughed as they exchanged a hug. "There's the Selene we know and love." Selene laughed. "So where ya off to?" "To find the woman who posted this job. Before I go I have to collect my unit." He raised an eyebrow. "Iorveth insists I take one with me." "He realizes you're capable of fending for yourself right?" Selene nodded before she spoke. "Yes, but I actually do like having company. It also puts him at ease knowing that In case there is an ambush it can be prevented." "Right, makes sense. But how are you doing?"
Selene shrugged. "Honestly I'm doing better, I started coming to terms with things. Stuff I'm not ready to discuss." Lambert nodded. He learned from Jaskier that Geralt and Yennifer had ambushed Selene over the winter when she had been left alone. Needless to say, he wasn't thrilled and Vesemir was even more upset then he was. "Right, those two suck. Have you decided what to do next winter?" Selene nodded. "We will return to Kaer Morhen." "Right, maybe I'll go back later this year and help him fix up the place." Selene blinked. "I'll do it." Lambert blinked. "What?" "I'll fix the castle back to its former glory."
He only stared at her. "How do you plan on doing that?" "I think you forget. I am the keeper of time." "Isn't that abusing your power?" "No, cause I'm not messing with lives. I'll only focus on restoring the living quarters. Speeding up what's already been started." Now he understood what she meant. But before he could speak another voice spoke up. "I do hope Sor'ca you tell Iorveth your plans before doing so." Selene turned and smirked as she saw Cedric. "Naturally. There's no harming in restoring Kaer morhen to its former glory." Cedric nodded and shook hands with Lambert.
"I am Cedric, nice to meet you, Lambert." Lambert was shocked at this. "Sor'ca here told us all about her extended family at Kaer Morhen." Lambert nodded. "Shall I assume Iorveth sent you?" "Yes and no." Both witchers raised an eyebrow. "I saw you accepting a job, so I told Iorveth that we would see him in a few days provided the job doesn't go terribly wrong."
Selene shrugged and Lambert was shocked. "So that means Caidrin and Motta are also here." "How right you are." The two elves soon walked over, each one with their bags and weapons. "Iorveth prepared your bag and a message for you." Selene raised an eyebrow. "Come back to me in once piece, I'll be waiting for you at our spot." Selene smiled softly at this. "Our spot?" Selene shook her head. "Don't worry it's a message for me anyway." Lambert nodded. "Well don't let me keep you. I have to find a job of my own anyway." And with that, the two parted ways as Selene and her Unit left. They were now heading to the outskirts of Novigrad where Selene could hopefully break the curse that was in this notice. Shaking her head she decided to not dwell on it and without thinking put her swords back into place and left Novigrad behind.