Chapter 27

Iorveth felt his eyes widen as the woman surfaced from the water and even more when he realized Selene knew her. "It's been a long time Selene. Where have you been?" Selene sat down near the lake and grabbed the woman's hand. "Around. Sorry I haven't stopped by as much." Kiari nodded. "It's alright, tell me who is the elf that is staring at us?" Selene looked at Iorveth and smiled. A true smile that left the siren shocked. "This is Iorveth, my other half." Iorveth knelt down besides Selene. "Hello." Kiari smiled softly. "Hello."
      Turning her attention back to Selene she raised an eyebrow. "I thought you were engaged to the Witcher Geralt?" Selene sighed as she once more explained what happened leaving Kiari frowning. "I am sorry. But I'm more then glad to hear you found someone who only loves you." Selene faintly smiled at this. "Yeah, it's definitely a nice feeling." Iorveth smiled at Selene before looking at the Siren who pushed herself out of the water and onto land placing a hand against the hole on Selene's shirt.
      "What happened to you?" "A Dh'oine, he was aiming at Iorveth and I pushed him out of the way taking the arrow to the shoulder." Kiari frowned at this. "Selene, you are probably the craziest woman I've ever met." Selene laughed as Iorveth chuckled. "She is." Kiari however grabbed a bag that had been hiding in the bushes and handed it to Selene. "Here, there is a fresh shirt in the bag. Feel free to leave your ruined one here." Selene blinked. "Isn't this your clothing?" "You act like this bothers me."
       Selene only smiled. "It's Alright. I'll wear this one and repair it." Kiari smiled softly. "Very well. What are you doing in Kaer Morhen?" "I came home to visit and repair the castle." Blue eyes widened before she smiled. "That's wonderful, I'm glad I could see you before I decided to relocate to another area." "Oh? Where are you heading this time?" "Probably Skellige." Selene nodded. "You still have the horn I gave you?" "Yes, why?" "Blow it if you're ever in danger and I'll come to your aid." Selene nodded again.
       "Thank you. I have a few more things to repair and the Dh'oine to deal with then we'll be leaving." Iorveth helped Selene stand and saw the look in Kiari's eyes. "Sele, why don't you go and check on Eskel and I'll catch up." Selene nodded and went to walk away when he stopped her. "What is it?" Taking his bow off his back and arrows he handed them to Selene. "Take these." And with that he pulled her to him and kissed her on the lips. Pulling back after a moment Selene looked at him then Kiari and vanished into the trees the bow on her back much like her swords were.
      "Why did you stay behind?" "Why didn't you tell Selene you would wait for her?" Kiari felt her eyes widen before she laughed. "Oh my you're smart, I see why she was pulled to you." He shrugged. "More like a chance meeting, she was so utterly lost to pain he caused her that my units found her by accident." Kiari nodded. "I'm tempted to drown him." "Wouldn't blame you. I'm sorely tempted to put an arrow through his heart." "I bet you are. I'll meet you both at the castle." Iorveth nodded and was soon leaving.
      Selene however had caught up to Eskel who was coming back from the Bastion. "Eskel." "Selene, whats going on why is there a hole in your shirt?" Selene rolled her eyes as she told him. "Where were you though?" "The Bastion. Place is a fucking wreck." Selene sighed and walked up the path leaving Eskel chasing her. "Please don't tell me you're gonna do what I think you're gonna do." Selene however wasn't slowing and she certainly wasn't giving him an answer. Mumbling multiple curses he ran to get Iorveth.
       Iorveth looked up at the sound of someone running and raised an eyebrow. "Eskel where is Selene?" He took a deep breath before speaking. "Restoring the Bastion. Like an idiot." His green eyes widened as he quickly followed Eskel. "The hell is she thinking?!" "No fucking idea! She's gonna over do it!" However when they got there Selene was already halfway done with the repairs. Her silver eyes closed as time around them slowed.
      They watched in amazement as the building slowly began to build itself up once again. The destruction that was there was almost non existent. Iorveth watched in amazement. Forgetting for a moment that Selene was probably over doing it. Even Eskel was in shock at the raw display of power.
       "Fucking hell, this is insane. Where is all this power suddenly coming from?" Yet Iorveth's eyes quickly went to Selene. Watching to make sure she wouldn't suddenly pass out. The second the building was fully repaired did the glow vanish and Selene opened her eyes before moving away from the wall. "Selene Of Vesina are you fucking insane?!" Selene blinked and turned to see Iorveth glaring at her. His arms crossed as he waited for an explanation. Silver eyes blinked before she frowned. "Calm down, I'm fine. I didn't even feel like i was using my power." Iorveth walked over and started checking on her which started to irritate her.
      "Iorveth, I'm fine!" He only stared at her. "Well sorry I'm worried." Selene sighed as she placed a hand over his heart. "I know you are, but trust me when I say I feel fine." Eskel was looking at them before he glanced at the Bastion. "I hate to admit it but this looks like it's never been touched." Selene nodded. "I had to clean out the wraiths first. Put the spirit of the boy that was killed here at peace." Eskel flinched. Kids who didn't deserve to die had died because of ignorant humans. "Bloede Dh'oine. Causing more harm then good."
      Selene nodded. Humans by nature were a destructive bunch. A race that fought far to much and died so easily. "Right, well let's head back. No more repairs for you today Selene." Said woman only shrugged. "That's fine. The rest are minor, I can do those whenever." Iorveth nodded and took her hand. With that the three quickly left and headed back to the castle. Where Vesemir was waiting. "Wanna explain why there's a man in one of our holding cells?" Selene glanced at him before speaking. "He tried to kill Iorveth. He will stay there till Vernon Roche shows up and decides his fate."