Chapter 5

The second Iorveth gave the command over 20 arrows were aimed at Geralt and Yennifer before he took a protective stance in front of Selene. Turning to face her for a moment he placed a hand against her shoulder. "Give the command Selene and they'll fire." Selene was starting to tremble. However she didn't want them killed. "I....I just want them gone....please..please make them leave." Iorveth's heart broke at the broken way this once proud woman spoke and turned with a glare. "Leave!" Geralt took a step forward. "You told me something was wrong, I came to see."
Iorveth glared and looked at Cedric. "Take her from here now." Cedric nodded and wrapped a protective arm around Selene and quickly led her away while Iorveth dealt with their now unwelcome guests. Once the two were gone did he turn back with a glare. "I brought you here thinking you two were separated by an accident. But now it's perfectly clear that it was no accident that caused Selene this pain." Yennifer looked at them both and then the path Selene was taken down. "Don't even think of trying anything witch. One move in that direction and you'll be a pin cushion for arrows."
Geralt's eyes narrowed as he took a protective stance in front of Yennifer. "You won't touch her." "I won't as long as she doesn't do something stupid and you both leave. Like I said it's quite obvious to me now what transpired and cause this proud woman to fall into the despair she feels now." Geralt stiffened. "You did this Vatt'ghern! You broke her!" Geralt snapped at this. "She told me to pick!" "So you pick and destroy one to be with another?!" Yennifer was worried as she placed a hand on Geralt's shoulder.
"There's more to this then you're aware of Iorveth!" Iorveth raised his hand, he was ready to give the command if they continued to test his patience. "You think that matters?! I am well aware there is more. And I promise you, I will learn of it. But you will leave. Now. You are no longer needed. I, no all of us. Every Scoia'tael whom is with me, will protect and care for Selene. We will help her. I will help her." Yennifer paled and opened a portal. "We need to go. Before he really does turn us into pin cushions." Pulling Geralt through the portal it quickly closed behind them.
Iorveth was angry. How could he not realize? How did he not understand the second he saw the woman the way she was. "Keep a look out, I don't want him anywhere near Selene. He's lost his chance." And with that he walked off. His main concern now was finding Selene and making sure she would be okay. However the sight that greeted him made him feel as if he had been punched in the gut repeatedly. A woman he had known to be insanely strong was now curled up in Cedric's embrace and seemingly falling apart.
Kneeling down in front of her he took her hands in his own. "I am deeply sorry Selene, if I had been aware I would have never invited the Bloede Vatt'ghern." Selene finally looked at him and those silver eyes were voided of light and warmth. "Who....are you?" He only offered her a small smile. "Iorveth, I am the leader of the Scoia'tael. A group you are now apart of. And I swear this to you, I will help you heal from this." Selene blinked. For some reason she wanted to trust him. She truly did. "I....Iorveth." He only nodded. "Cedric, I know you wish to comfort your Sor'ca but would you mind going and getting her something to eat?"
Cedric blinked before placing a kiss to Selene's head. "Vish'ka Se'lene." You're okay Selene. And with that he let her go and stood up to go and find her some food. However in that moment Selene seemed so tiny. So small in comparison. So without thinking he pulled the woman to him. A woman who he would help. She was highly respected among his people. And by himself. A dark chuckle slipped past his lips, but Selene was to tired to care.
However Iorveth was now finding humor in what was to come. Geralt was now in for a world of absolute hell. Anyone who loved Selene and called her family was now bound to be on the war path once word got out on what he did. However it wasn't long before someone appeared. And the second the voice spoke he shivered. "Wanna explain why my daughter is in your arms and looking as if her entire world just stopped?"