Chapter 7

A few days had passed and Iorveth was constantly spotted around Selene. A fact which made several members smile with hope. For Selene however it became a pattern. Something she began to look forward to. However as the hours passed, Iorveth had yet to show. And Selene was losing hope. Just like before someone forgot about her. So she gathered up her book, inside where the names of flowers she's seen, or grown herself.
She also grabbed a basket so she could gather what herbs she needed for her own Elixirs. Sighing softly she attached her swords to her back. After she had finished preparing for her trip did she leave. She knew the forest at this point, almost as good as Cedric did. Slipping past a few of the Scoia'tael did she start making her way towards the river where the plants she needed grew. She was completely unaware that Iorveth was running towards her tent. Having been called into a meeting at the last possible second.
He was angry, he had promised Selene he would take her on a walk like she had requested the day before and he agreed with no hesitation. After all she was still strong, and he was also a fighter. Moving quickly he opened the door to her tent and froze. Her swords were gone, as was her book and basket. "Well fuck me." And with that he left. Quickly finding the path she took. It wasn't long until he found her by the lake where she was writing down the names of a few flowers and then picking what herbs she needed.
Taking a deep breath he walked over and knelt down in front of her, planning both hands over hers as he held them tight. "Forgive me Sele. I was called into a last minute meeting. The camp will be moving soon and they just wanted to run some locations by me." Selene blinked. Why was he telling her this? "Why, are you telling me this?" Iorveth blinked. This was the first time in days she had actually spoken in a full sentence. "Why am I telling you?"
Selene only blinked before she nodded . She was clearly confused and Iorveth chuckled. "You're coming with of course." Silver eyes widened at his news and she tilted her head. "Is, that really okay? I sometimes feel like.....they don't like me." He frowned at this. Because sadly it was true, a few of them clearly didn't care for Selene. Something that would quickly be rectified. "Don't worry about them Sele. I want you there and so does everyone else. Besides if you don't come who else will listen to my music and come see the flowers with me?"
Selene blinked before she finally cracked a joke. "I dunno, I mean Cedric does get pretty jealous when you don't play music for him." A single green eye widened and Selene was slightly nervous before the elf in front of her laughed. "Oh i Shall have to remember that. I thank you for that Sele. Now, any requests today?" Selene frowned as she tried to think but nothing came to her so she shrugged. Iorveth chuckled. "Take you're time Sele." Selene however started to pick her herbs again. As she picked she started to hum, the tune was calming and completely captured Iorveth.
"That's a lovely tune Sele." Said woman only graced him with a small smile before he decided to try and play the song himself. Taking a few minutes he finally figured it out and began to play the melody she had been humming. Completely unaware of the fact Selene was watching him. A smile forming along her lips. However just before he could see it did she turn away and watch the lake before her. "It's lovely isn't it?" Selene nodded as she continued to watch the lake, relaxing as Iorveth once again began to play a melody on his flute. Just maybe, maybe she could start over again.