And The Games Begin

Picture found on Twitter by @my_Lovenote who credited the design by @ATiredShota.

I'm honestly disappointed in the word count of this chapter which is really strange because I know it's more than most but this is my shortest chapter and I don't know how to feel about it.

Anyways, if any of you have criticism it will help me immensely! I read all the comments whether I comment on them or not so I will see it! <3

Word Count: 3623

The sun peaked through the treetops. Dream strolled through the dead leaves which crunches beneath his and Sapnap's feet. Dream's hands rested lazily behind his head.

"So," Dream perked up, casually drawing out the 'o,' "once you murder me and Y/N and you know, get what you need, what are you going to do next?"

Sapnap's eyes narrowed on Dream, "If this is another one of your tricks to get information out of me?"

"Don't be like that! It's an honest question!" Dream replied, raising his hands up.

"Anything coming from your mouth is not honest, it's just another trap! I'm not gonna say anything!" Sapnap stated, crossing arms. Unbeknownst to him, he was being led to the trap by actions, not by words. Every second they were another step towards a deep ravine Dream saw earlier.

"You're one to talk about honesty" Dream scowled underneath his breath.

The sound of a twig snapping in the distance caused both Dream and Sapnap to halt. Sapnap's shoulders were raised and tense when he turned around.

"Here, uh, you go do your business while I check that out" Sapnap ordered him.

"Oh? You do know that you're giving me a chance to escape while you go chase after a mere chicken. Would George approve of you leaving me by myself so you could check out a twig?" Dream clicked his tongue and shook his head in fake disappointment.

Sapnap rolled his eyes, grumbling a small "fine" before following Dream deeper into the forest.

Dream glanced back at Sapnap and smirked. He shot his attention forward before Sapnap could notice his gaze, "Here, I saw a private spot up ahead where we can go so we won't have to worry about whatever's out there."

Sapnap nodded. The duo continued to walk through the cluster of trees for another minute before stopping at a large ravine. Dream strode over to the edge of the ravine, looking over the edge. In total, the ravine was approximately 30 feet deep. A ledge of sturdy rock lined the sides at around 10 feet deep. A fall onto the ledge would hurt but it wouldn't be fatal unlike a fall to the bottom.

"Hey, come check this out! It's pretty cool!" The green eyed boy called out.

"I'm good!" Sapnap responded, "Hurry up though! We've gone pretty deep into the forest already, I wouldn't want George or Bad to think that something happened!"

Dream looked back at the onyx haired boy, an eyebrow raised, "Are you just saying that stuff cause your scared?"

"What!? N-no!" Sapnap stuttered.

"Then why won't you come over here? Admiring the beauty for a second or two won't do anything in time's matter. I mean, the only reason you wouldn't want to come over here is because you perhaps have... a fear of heights?"

"Absolutely not!" Sapnap stated, looking away from Dream. In the corner of his eyes, Sapnap saw both of Dream's eyebrows raised mirroring his unbelieving stare. Sapnap pierced his lips into a thin line, "It's just, heights aren't my favorite thing. At least not ones with drops like that and all."