Shifted

Fan art by @laikoski_ on Twitter.

Somebody pray for my sanity. Some of your guy's comments kills my already suffering brain cells. I love you guys, but I think that my brain cells may have a vendetta for their lost family members and friends.

Guys, this whole chapter literally encompassed only about 2 minutes of Dream's video that it's based on. Help me, I'm dying.

You know the drill: Grammar = death. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

Also I've stayed up late to get this done and I'm only gonna get about 4 hours of sleep tonight, for school so I really really really hope that it's decent enough. I tried something different with the chapter and a lot of your comments inspired certain parts of the story.

Also thank you guys for those who responded to the short questionnaire! I actually had a blast doing that!

Word Count: 8689 (it just keeps getting longer)

Her hair flying in harsh wind, her body stilling in shocking silence, her mouth agape in astonished wonder, Y/N's eyes followed the green figure as he challenged the two remaining hunters for their lives. Pulsing with fear, the two boys, Bad and Sapnap, dashed away towards safety, glancing back to make sure they weren't being followed by the evidently stronger blond.

Y/N's heart still thudded in her chest, adrenaline high from the long chase she endured. Where Dream had come from, she did not know, but she was incredibly thankful that the boy had found her before worse came to worse. Winding up dead was not something on Y/N's bucket list nor did she ever plan on purposely doing so.

Dream's piercing, emerald eyes glanced up at Y/N before darting towards George's abandoned loot, scanning the goods for upgrades and more useful stuff. Y/N sat down on her teetering tower to catch her breath, swinging her legs over the side and watching Dream as he sifted through the scattered items, some covered in blood, others in dirt.

Her chest heaved up and down, trying to catch it's breath and slow to a normal pace. Often, Dream glanced back up at the girl whose eyes were trained on him, waiting for her to move or do something other than sit.

His head shifted in towards the direction Sapnap and Bad had scattered towards to regroup and plan an attack, better prepared to face him and Y/N when they returned. Just like he thought, the two boys had run out of site, leaving him alone for now.

"They're gone, Y/N! You can hop down now! You won't fall! Don't worry, I'll catch you!" Dream called out, motioning at her to climb down the tower and meet him on the forest floor.

She locked gazes with the boy, e/c and green eyes connecting, creating a solemn silence. Slowly, she nodded, humming a quiet yes- too quiet for the boy to here. The girl swung her legs over the side of her tower, latching onto the top with her pickaxe in order to keep steady and sturdy. She gripped onto small cracks in the materials with her hands and feet to keep herself steady as she carefully lowered herself down the swaying tower. Her forearms strained as she worked to keep herself up.

Dream was watching her every move, ready to help if she was to ever loose her grip. When she was low enough to the ground her called out for her to jump, "I'll catch you! Trust me!"

Y/N didn't want to trust Dream, and she dreaded herself when she looked over her shoulder to see the ground not to far below her, making the quick decision that it was safe to jump and it would be the quickest way down, and then letting go of the edge and tumbling into Dream's sturdy arms. His arms were already held up, prepared to catch her.