[Intercede]

Fanart above is created by @Pikorii on Twitter! Go check them out, their art style is lovely!

Sorry guys but this is another short chapter! On the plus side, this is canon to the plot and it is chronologically after the last chapter with the brackets.

Expect another chapter in a week's time as my 2 year Wattpad anniversary is coming up. That's also partially why this chapter as early as I wanted to put out a few more chapters than normal due to the anniversary. I hope you enjoy it!

(I got Grammarly so I hope that grammar is improved from now on :D)

Word Count: 2798

The young doctor sat at her desk with the lights turned off and a small desk lamp generating extra light into the small room apart from the desktop in front of her and the opened door, leading out to the laboratories. YouTube was blasting "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars on one of the many tabs opened on the 22-year-old woman's computer. 

She swapped her attention from a lined piece of paper, where neat handwriting was scribbled on in pen, to the computer in front of her, skillfully typing up notes on Google Documents. She occasionally stopped to crack and twist her aching back in the soft chair gifted to her, and to take another sip of her coffee, the only thing keeping her awake in the boring situation.

A clearing of the throat and three proportional knocks, tapped in a precise rhythm, startled the blond woman out of focus, bringing her mind back down to Earth, seeing her late-20s, clean-shaven boss standing in the doorway, blocking half the light from entering the dark office. The President of the Academy.

He brought his arms down to cross them, judging the girl huddled in the dark with untamed hair. His hair darkened as a consequence of the poor reflection of light, turning it into a chocolate color rather than the walnut pigment it usually was. He wore a black tuxedo, the epitome of class and dominance. His eyes, which no one knew the color of, were covered by black sunglasses- aviators.

The doctor tensed, straightening her hunched over posture and swiftly swiping her desk clean, throwing away the cup that held her gas station coffee and switching tabs to click the pause button on the loud music.

"Erm- good morning, Sir," the doctor's hair swished over her shoulder as she caught the time on the bottom corner of the computer, "A-actually, good evening. I meant to say evening. Sorry Sir, one starts to lose track of time when you stay in an office all day."

Even with the aviators, the disheveled girl could feel his piercing gaze tear through her soul, causing her stomach to drop. He had the mysterious talent of making his state of emotion known even if no one knew the humanity that dulled in his eyes. Not even the security cameras strategically placed around the large office caught him without his glasses on.

"How're our patients, Doctor?" The man questioned, his voice coarse and masculine.

"They are doing well! All in good health," The girl informed, hastily standing up, quickly brushing out her hair with her hands, and heading out the office door.

"Your shipment has actually just arrived," she notified him, "the delivery man came by this morning as I was checking in to the front desk. He offered to help me carry the boxes down, but obviously, I declined per your previous orders."

The president, standing around 6'0, stepped out of the doorway to let the much smaller, 5'4 female through the door before following her to the main laboratory, room A2. The room's entryway was a glass door, and the wall connecting to the door was covered in glass on the top half while a normal wall encased the other 3-dimensions of the room as well as the bottom half of that wall.