i cant handle change.

mikes pov:

I stand there, all in black.

My sister, father and grandma are standing next to me.

I hear the unknown man speak, and speak about my mother causing me to shed a tear.

Today was a tragic day.

My mother's funeral.
It took long enough.

It's been Two months since my mother's passing.

The reason of her death is a car accident, supposedly.

But I know my mother. That wasn't the reason.
It could've been the main attraction but it wasn't a just a plain old car crash. It goes deeper, but no one will tell me the truth. Instead they all just look at me like I'm crazy.

And damn well, I'm about to go crazy.
When my mom passed away, I immediately fell into a deep depression.
I started failing all my tests, and I'm always upset or angry.

The only thing that relieves me is skateboarding, but mother is still in my head.

If I land a new trick, I think about how happy she would be for me.

Most people don't know about my mother's passing, well didn't.

Big mouth Troy Walsh can't keep his damn mouth shut.

When my mother passed, only my best friends Max and Dustin knew.

Everyone still saw me as a normal senior boy, working hard to get into a good college, But when Troy over heard a conversation in the bathroom between me and Dustin, he told everyone.

When I walk through the hallways at school the chatting of the teens goes dead and everyone gives me sorrow.

One time it got so bad I screamed at them for trying to support me, I got suspended. I tried to explain that it was a out-lash and my mental health isn't good at the moment, but per usual... no one listened.

Sometimes I wish after I screamed at all of them, everyone would see me as some sort of villain. But they all just brushed it off as a coping method, and continued to treat me like a baby.

So I stand there, seeing half of Hawkins pretend to care about my mother.

"The family of  Karen Wheeler will now say some words." The man speaks.

"Mike, you are first." My dad whispers.

That triggers my mind to walk up to the platform.

I adjust the microphone to my height and take the 3 page letter out of my pocket, I could've wrote a book but my limit is 2 minutes.

"I, Mike am the youngest son of Karen. She was my loving mother who always believed in me. Her soul was pure, and her heart was warm. she was a amazing woman who I really miss."

I start to tear up.

"She was a astounding role model and always made sure everyone else came first. She lived her life to the fullest and never gave up. She worked two jobs to her provide for her family until a grand business idea sparked. She became a busy woman and still found time to watch my stupid skateboard tricks, or help me with homework."

I looked up for a second to just see everyone's heads down, most were crying some had a nervous look though, including my father.

Another thing about me. I have never trusted my father. He has been sketchy my entire life, he has never even told me what he does for a living. When I ask he says it's not important, I have a roof and clothes and all that parent stuff they ramble on about.

I do believe my dad killed my mother, set it up or something. But I'm scared to ask him, and even if it was true I couldn't confront him. That would mean I know too much, and he would most likely kill me too.

I know my dad has connections with something powerful, Too powerful.

I've heard him talk about it to my mom but he didn't say what.

I'm thinking the mafia or the government.

-
Okay so that's chapter one, I know it's short but this is basically just getting to know them.
Word count: 688