somewhere only we know.

els pov

Mike says he wants to show me something today, and to wear a swimsuit, so I'm assuming it's a swimming hole.

That's one of the things I love about Mike, he tries to give me hints about the most obvious things.
I adore him, he's been through so much and he is only eighteen, yet he keeps going strong and happy.

His looks too, i could stare at him for hours at a time. Count all the freckles on his face, brush my hands through his hair and get lost in his eyes.

It is around noon here and Mike is picking me up at one, so I have lots of time. I don't want to put on makeup because of the supposed water so I just throw on my swimsuit, denim shorts a put a yoga/hippie headband in my hair.

I stare at my swimsuit for a minute before I decide to put on a tan-kini instead, I don't like how the bikini looks on me.

(the swimsuit.)

I put my denim shorts and headband back on and walk into the living room to see what Holly was doing. She got back from Indianapolis this morning with Will, but he just went straight back to bed.

"Hey, how was the show!" I say while walking up to her, hugging her.
"It was good!" She smiles looking up from her ipad.

"I missed you!" I tell her while kissing her cheek. "Missed you too." She responds while looking back down at her ipad.

I go into the kitchen and make myself some tea, texting Mike telling him I'm ready whenever he is.

mikes pov

Today is the day, I've been waiting forever for this. Will she even agree?

Am I moving too fast?
BING!

I look down at my phone to see that El has texted me.

loml 🫶🦢
im ready whenever you are just text me when you are otw! i love you! 💗

me
alright! I will leave now, i love you too! 💋

I slip the box into my pocket and grab my keys.

I head downstairs to see my dad asleep in the Lazy-boy, more like Lazy-bastard.

I walk out of the door and get in my car, hooking up my phone to the aux.

I start the drive to El's shaking.
I'm so nervous, this moment could make or break our relationship and I'm not ready for one of those options.