14. Bullseye

I walk into the room slowly, looking straight at the Gamemakers. They're sitting on a sort of balcony above me, watching.

I walk over to the throwing knives station. I decide to change it up a little bit, doing something I've never done before. I'm taking a risk, a huge risk. I pick up two knives, placing them in each of my hands. I want to try throwing them both in my right hand, but I'll do this first. I've never thrown with my left hand before.

I decide that I'll throw my left hand first. I hold my left arm up, concentrating. I aim for the bulls eye, and I throw the knife.

I don't even look to see where it hits. I throw my other knife seconds after the first, and then I look up.

Unbelievable. They're both in the bullseye. I smile, picking up two knives. I put them both on my right hand next to each other, and I throw them. Bullseye. I do the same with my left, and I frown. It hit the circle after the bullseye.

I challenge myself further. I put two knives in each hand, and starting with my left, I throw. Bullseye. I throw the other knives. Bullseye.

I look up at the judges. Half of them seem intrigued, but the other half of them are indifferent to me. I'll show them more.

I take yet another risk. I grab a sword, and I swing at the dummy. I decapitate it, and then I cut it in half at the waist with another swing. I'm done with this... What now?

More knives. Bullseye, bullseye, bullseye.

I get bored of entertaining them after being in the room for what I'm guessing is between five and ten minutes. So, I look up. They all look at least a little intrigued now. "Thanks." I tell them, and I grab a knife.

I start walking toward the door when one of the Gamemakers says, "Miss Jones, put down the knife before you leave."

I smile. I planned this. I whip around and throw the knife at the same time. It hits the balcony right below the Head Gamemaker. "Bullseye." I tell him, and they stare as I walk out.