Chapter 1 ~ Becoming a Manager?

Y/n's Point of View:

"Y/n-chan, you haven't joined any school clubs yet right?" I heard Kiyoko's voice softly ask from behind me.

"No, I haven't why do you ask?"

"Would you want to help me manage the boys volleyball team?" I stood there in confusion. Me managing a volleyball team? More importantly, me managing the BOY'S volleyball team? I don't even know a single thing about the game.

Kiyoko ignored my confused look and continued talking,"I just think you would be a great addition to the team, plus you are a second year so you would be able to continue managing after I graduate."

"I don't know Kiyoko, I hardly know anything about-"

"Please, just come by the gym after school so you can see more of it before making your decision." Well, how could I say no to her always flawless logic?
"Okay, I'll see you after school"

"See you then," She called back as we parted ways to our classrooms.

~~~Time Skip to After-school~~~

Where even am I? After being in this school two years, you'd think I'd know how to get to the gym. I should've just met up with Kiyoko, she's probably thinks I ditched her. If I can just find somebody to ask for directions that would be great, but seeing that school's already over, the hallway is practically empty.

That's what I thought at least until I saw a guy with a gym bag running my way. I mean, he has a gym bag, that probably means he's going to the gym, right?

"Uh excuse me, do you happen to know where the boy's volleyball team practices?" I called as he came closer.

"Yeah, in the gym," he panted while slowing down. "Well obviously, I meant do you know how to get there'" I quickly retorted.

"Well, actually I'm heading there now because I'm kind of...late, so we can walk together if you'd like. I'm Ennoshita, by the way"

Hm, how convenient. "Y/n and thanks," I replied while following him.

I realized how close we had been to the gym when I started hearing the sounds of squeaky shoes and shouting.

Opening the doors, I was actually kind of amazed to see the volleyball team at work. Practice had only started a little while ago, yet they all seemed so focused. Ennoshita quickly ran to practice with his team as I looked around for Kiyoko before finally spotting her.

"Hey Kiyoko! Sorry I'm late haha, I got a little lost," I nervously explained, walking up to her.

"It's alright, I'm glad you showed up," she replied as she gave me a small smile.

We talked for a few minutes before I heard a voice shout from across the gym. "KIYOKO, MY LOV- wait who's this?" A short boy with black and blond hair questioned.

Suddenly, all eyes in the gym were on me. "This is L/n Y/n, she's becoming a manager," Kiyoko calmly replied. Wait, did she just confirm that I was going to be a manager even though I didn't even say yes?

"Really?" "Another manager?" "Cool!" " She's pretty!" "Tch, who cares?" "Tsukki, don't be rude!" A flood of murmurs erupted from the boys.