Chapter 6 ~ Too Slow

Tanaka's Point of View:

All throughout warmups there were only two things on my mind. The upcoming game, of course...and Y/n.

I'm totally freaking out right now.

Why?

Oh, only because earlier she. kissed. me.

Okay, it was on the cheek, but still! After she kissed me, her lips were so soft by the way, she just like, ran away and I was standing there blushing like an idiot.

It kind of made me realize that... I want to be able to do that kind of stuff with her all the time. (a/n: sorry if he's kind of ooc here I'm just so soft rn)

I think I'm gonna try to confess to her... today!

After we play this game and win, duh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person P.O.V:

The whistle was blown, signally the beginning of the match. All teams in the gymnasium stood tensely.

"Thank you for the game!" Both teams shouted simultaneously.

"It's the first game of the season, that could make anyone nervous. Our challenge is to shake the nerves off quicker than they do. So,  start by scoring the first point." Coach Ukai lectured.

"I don't say this just to flatter you guys, Karasuno is a great team." Takeda encouraged.

"Yeah! Show all those jerks that the crows can still fly." Y/n yelled, as the team felt their hearts swell.

"I bet they still call us that dumb nickname. Man, they don't know how wrong they are." Tanaka snickered.

The team continued exchanging encouraging words, not noticing the stolen glances between Y/n and Tanaka.

She would stare, with rosy cheeks when he looked the other way. He would stare, smiling to himself when she was distracted.

The boys huddled together as Daichi yelled, "Karasuno, fight!"

"Fight!" They all replied.

As expected, other teams were thrown off by Hinata's short height, with him being a middle blocker.

"OH YEAHHHH!" Tanaka yelled, spiking the ball down.

"YEAHHHHHH!!" He, Noya, and Hinata yelled as they received the first point.

He quickly looked to the sidelines to find Y/n cheering just as loud, her (e/c) eyes glittering in admiration.

With a boost in his ego, he started yelling even louder, Noya following suit.

"KNOCK IT OFF!" Daichi yelled back, quickly earning a warning from the referee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're counting on you, Ace!" Noya called to Asahi.

Asahi spoked the ball, right above the three blockers, earning another point.

"Wow! That's a grown ass man!" "I hear he's been held back five times." "He's gotta be at least 30!" "That's craz-"

"Try not to let it get to you, Asahi!" Suga called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(sorry for skipping through the game, it's kind of hard to write about the gameplay)

Tanaka's Point of View:

We won.

Duh... We're awesome.