Chapter 10 ~ Embarassing

(F/f = Favorite flavor)

Third Person P.O.V:

The five of them turned a ghostly pale when they heard about supplementary classes. After hearing Takeda's words, Tanaka and Noya immediately tried to take off running.

Daichi jumped up yelling, "Stop! There's nowhere to run! Ennoshita grab them!"

"On it!" He shouted back, skidding to a stop in front of them and blocking their path.

Hinata stood there trembling and muttering the word "Fail" over and over again. Yamaguchi looked around before yelling in distress, "Kageyama and Y/n aren't breathing!" They were both sitting completely still, staring at the ground with blank looks on their faces.

Hinata started yelling at Takeda, "M-Maybe if we beg the vice principal-"

"Why don't you just focus all your energy on actually passing, "He was cut off by Tsukishima's snarky reply.

Takeda looked down, "Even if the school still let you go on the trip, the classes could still cause a scheduling conflict."

Hinata gasped as he felt his whole world crumble. Y/n got to her feet and ran to Ukai, shaking him back and forth, "Coach, you gotta help us!"

He nervously looked to the side, "W-Well, this is just...something you gotta deal with as a student."

"But-"

"Hey, come on! You gotta have willpower, and you need to believe that you can do it!" Ukai continued.

Y/n let go of his jacket, "I- okay." Hinata stepped up and bowed, "Please teach me Coach!"

"Sorry to break it to you Hinata...but do I look like someone who got good grades in school?!" He said, making Hinata's hope dwindle. Suga tried to console him, but then he turned to see Y/n, Tanaka, and Noya with their hands together and blank faces.

"You're already saying your prayers? How bad is this?" He asked in disbelief. He tilted his head at Y/n, "You too? I thought you would've had good grades."

She seemingly snapped out of her trance. "Huh? I don't know what made you think that. If anything my grades are pretty average, but I'm horrible at taking tests!" She cried leaning into Tanaka as he wrapped an arm around her.

The whole gym broke out into chaos leaving Daichi to lecture them and get their spirits up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's Point of View:

I was sitting in the club room with the others while Dachi told us everthing we could and couldn't do in order to pass. Everything he said felt like a shot straight to the heart.

1. No falling asleep in class. But, I get tired.
2. No pulling all-nighters. But, I'm always so awake from sleeping in class.
3. No screwing around in class or on the court. Eh.
4. Get 8 hours of sleep every night. Okay okay.

"It's gonna be alright, I mean you guys passed the entrance exams right?" Mom- I mean Suga said, a shiny aura surrounding him.

Tanaka turned with tears in his eyes, "T-Thanks Suga!" Suga continued, smiling, "But, if you fall asleep in class, you better be prepared for the consequences."

I jumped back in fear while Tanaka just started sweating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(I'm not sure if this part takes place in Tanaka's room in the show, but for the sake of the story, let's just say it doesn't. T_T)

A couple days later, all the seconds years got together at Tanaka's house to have a study session.

"No! You have to choose a sentence from the passage, you can't just choose your own!" Ennoshita tried to reason with Noya. "You can't just tell Norio whatever you want!"