Chapter 2 ~ Ghost

(~ = Time skips)

Y/n's Point of View:

It's been about a week since I started managing the volleyball team. Everything's been pretty chill for the most part. It's kind of just like I'm babysitting a group of teenage boys, but they're all pretty cool in their own way.

Hinata is a little ball of sunshine who deserves all the love in the world. Kageyama is lowkey a little emo, but he would never admit it. Tsukishima is super sarcastic and I kind of want to punch him sometimes, but I hold back. Yamaguchi, like Hinata, is way too pure for this world.

Daichi is wholeheartedly the dad of the team while Sugawara is the mom. Asahi? He's kind of like the shy uncle.

The second years are my favorite by far. It might just be because they're the same age as me though. Ennoshita, Kinoshita, and Narita keep to themselves for the most part, but they're still a lot of fun to talk to. Nishinoya has the most amount of energy I've ever seen in my life. Like, oh my god, that boy can practice, talk, flirt, anything for hours at a time. There's never really a dull moment when he's around.

Finally, the one we've all been waiting for... Tanaka. Like Noya, he's always full of energy, unless it's an early morning practice of course. I think we've been getting closer over this past week, but I'm pretty sure he just sees me as one of his best friends again.

Poor old Y/n, forever stuck in the friend zone. It's not all bad though, I can just admire his stupid, perfect self from the sidelines. The way his eyes light up every time he spikes a ball down to the opposing side of the court. How he always lifts up any of his teammates that start to doubt themselves. The way he celebrates when his team takes a set... oh god, I really have it bad.

Coach Ukai started, "We've got four days until the practice game with Nekoma, and then after that it will be the interhigh preliminaries. It's a short amount of time and we've got a lot of stuff to fix. I want you to keep retrieving until you puke."

"RIGHT!" Hinata yelled as the rest of the team sweat dropped.

Throughout practice Kiyoko and I handed Ukai balls to spike at the boys in order to practice their receives. Eventually, we moved onto practicing spiking. I'm probably being biased when I say that Tanaka's spikes are really amazing. He always puts so much energy and power into them, it's like he's unstoppable. I will say though, that crazy quick attack that Hinata and Kageyama do always leaves me a little dazed.

~~~~~~~~~After Practice~~~~~~~~~

"Wow!! So this is training camp!" Hinata yelled as he ran around opening every door he could find.

"It's just a bunch of loud, gross guys in your face all day. What's so fun about that?" Tsukishima said with a blank face.

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK""YEAH ANY PLACE WITHIN A QUARTER MILE RADIUS OF OUR GORGEOUS KIYOKO IS AUTOMATICALLY PURE AND BEAUTIFUL" Tanaka and Noya yelled.

Tanaka continued, "THE AIR IS AS FRESH AS A MORNING IN SPRING, and if your senses are so dull that you can't smell it...I feel sorry for you!"

"Kiyoko goes home whenever the day is over because she lives right by here," Suga interrupted and then walked away leaving the two yelling boys to sulk on the ground.

I couldn't help but sigh. I knew he was obsessed with Kiyoko and all, but I guess some part of me wanted to believe I still had a chance. I mean he doesn't even care if I'm gonna be staying here or not. It was dumb of me to think we would ever be more than just friends, right?