Chapter 16 ~ Watermelon

Y/n's Point of View:

"You didn't want a bigger piece of watermelon?" I questioned, standing in front of Kenma on the grass. He silently shook his head, biting off a chunk.

"Woah! That's awesome Lev!" Hinata exclaimed, I turned to my right to see Lev spitting watermelon seeds out of his mouth. Hinata tried, only spitting out a single seed that landed on my shoe. I laughed, "Yeah, I'm gonna walk away now."

Kenma gave me a nod as Lev gave me a shy wave, "See you later, Y/N!" I grinned and ruffled Hinata's hair, "I'll talk to you guys later."

Spotting Tanaka's head a couple of feet away, jogged over to him. I grinned at the sight of his cheeks filled with watermelon, "Jesus Ryuu, slow down, no one's gonna take it from you." He swallowed and then rolled his eyes, "You know N/n, you're really mean to me. Here I am, just a guy, no..." He cleared his throat, "a MAN, trying to enjoy his watermelon and you just go and make fun of me."

I gave him a fake pout and squished his cheeks, "Aw, you're right. How dare I disrespect such a big, strong man like you." He stared back with a blank face before clearing his throat, "You're mocking me aren't you." I laughed and Asahi smiled, holding up his watermelon,"When I was a kid I ate so much of this stuff I got sick!"

I was about to reply when Kuroo's voice rang out from behind me, "Sorry about that." Daichi tilted his head and looked at me, receiving a shrug in return, "About what?" Kuroo gave us a polite smile, "Yesterday, got into a bit of an argument with your big, lanky blocker with the glasses."

I sighed, "Oh right." Daichi turned to me, confusion still evident on his face, "First of all, I can't believe Tsukishima actually agreed to train with you. Anyways, what happened?"

Kuroo plopped onto the grass and rested his chin on his hand. I groaned and threw a glare at Kuroo, "He warned-" I paused to put air quotes around the word, "Tsukishima that Hinata would outdo him." He nodded, "Yeah, that's all."

I shook my head, "I mean why would you say that to someone who clearly has an inferiority complex when it comes to Hinata?" The boys nodded back in agreement.

"Uh, I don't know if this has anything to do with what we're talking about, but my sister said that when she was in high school there was a really tall volleyball player with the same last name as Tsukishima on the team," Tanaka held up a hand.

We all responded at the same time, "Huh?" "Tsukishima has an older brother?" Tanaka shrugged, "Oh, well I'm not sure. I mean it could be a total stranger that happened to have the same last name." I gave him a look, "I don't know, that doesn't seem very likely." He shrugged again.

Suga ran up to us, "Hey, we're getting ready to start again!" I took Tanaka's almost finished watermelon from his hands and looked at the boys, "You guys better go." I gave them one last grin before turning to go find Kiyoko.

"Hey, I wasn't done with that!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cringed as Nishinoya and Daichi ran into each other, "Wow, they're really into this, huh?" Kiyoko nodded from beside me, "Yeah, all the guys have been into the game like they've never been before and it can make it a little scary sometimes."

I shuddered, remembering when Hinata and Asahi bumped into each other as she continued, "Contact like last time can lead to huge injuries."

We all, coaches included, gasped as Asahi perfectly spiked the ball down through three blockers. I grinned, "Nice kill, Asahi!" Tanaka's voice could be heard from across the gym, "Yeah, you crushed that thing!"

Kiyoko hums, "Looks like I didn't need to worry after all."

I give her a small smile, "Yeah, looks like it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, I'm heading out," Tsukishima wiped his face off with a towel. Most of Karasuno's players were still in the gym after today's games for extra practice.

Daichi and Suga turned to him, "Alright." "Good work!"

"HEY TSUKISHIMA!" I flinched as Tanaka yelled from behind me. I turned to give him a 'really?' look as he continued, "We're gonna practice the synchronized attack, you're not leaving yet!"

I nodded towards Tsukki, "Yeah, how will you get better at it if you never practice?" He stared at us with a blank look, "Uhh." Or not.

Ennoshita walked into the gym, "I can stay awhile too. As long as you guys don't mind having another wing spiker. I really wanna get the timing down."

I clapped as Tanaka grunted, "Huh? You aren't trying to take my spot, are you?" I sighed, "Ryuu, I'm sure that's not it."

Ennoshita smirked, "You can't expect me to be a bench warmer forever." I tuned back to Tanaka, "Okay, nevermind maybe that is it then."

He grunted, "All right! That's it, you're going down! Let's go Daichi!"

Daichi sighed, "Let me rest a bit, man." Suga and I both noticed Tsukishima silently slipping away. I waved as Suga yelled, "See you later!"

Tanaka whined, "But, Daichi! Some of us can't afford to sit back and watch like you can!" I snickered, "Ryuu, you're acting like a child."

He rolled his eyes, "Am not."

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too-"

"OKAY! Let's just get back to practice," Daichi rolled his eyes. Suga snickered, "God, you guys are perfect for each other, it's honestly gross."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: This is disgustingly short but I just really wanted to get a chapter out and also apologize about not posting for like literally four months. hello to all my new readers and ily all <3 I am already working on the next chapter and it will definitely be longer, I am so sorry LMAO
(p.s. if u watch or have ever watched my babysitters a vampire pls be on the lookout for a benny weir x reader that I may or may not already have the first chapter written of) mwah

 if u watch or have ever watched my babysitters a vampire pls be on the lookout for a benny weir x reader that I may or may not already have the first chapter written of) mwah