Chapter 15 ~ Skinny Jeans

(a/n: interactions with other characters let's goooooo. hehe sorry if you're here for purely Tanaka content!!!)

Y/n's Point of View:

"Aw come on, why can't I just block for you guys?" I pouted, looking between Kuroo and Bokuto.

Kuroo leaned down slightly and put his hand on my shoulder, "Pfft, you can't even reach the top of the net, shortcake." I swatted his hand away and punched him on the arm, "Shut up, yes I can."

Bokuto chuckled, "Yeah I don't know Y/n, I think I'd have to see it to believe it." I gave him a look, "Yeah yeah, go back to stretching Bokuto-san." He went back to doing so while grinning. Kuroo rubbed his arm and looked out the gym doors, his eyes lighting up as he yelled, "Hey, you! Skinny! With the glasses!"

Tsukishima stopped and looked in our direction, "Hm?" I waved at him and Kuroo smiled, "Can you jump a few blocks for us?" Tsukishima stared for a moment before speaking up, "Sorry, I'm done for the day," he bowed, "You have a good night."

I shook my head and laughed at the shocked looks on my friend's faces, "What?!" Bokuto leaned against one of the doors, his face slightly downcast, "But, there's no point in practicing spiking without any blockers. Come on!"

Tsukishima's glare intensified, "Why does it have to be me? What about your own guys? Even Y/n is there." He motioned over to me.

"That's what I said!" I heard footsteps walk up behind me and Akaashi's voice rang out, "No, Bokuto's spike practice is endless, so they all hurry and escape from it."

I shrugged and nodded, "Yeah, and Tetsu's been torturing Lev." I pointed to Lev's slumped figure on the floor.

He lifted his head up slightly and yelled, "I told you! I'll jump all those blocks!" Kuroo yelled back, "Oh, be quiet! If you wanna be part of Nekoma's regular line up, you have to improve your receiving." Lev simply groaned in response.

I leaned down and gave him a smile, patting his head, "Don't worry, you're doing great so far!"

He blushed and dropped his head back to the ground, muttering, "T-Thank you Y/n." I smiled and turned back to Tsukishima, "It might not seem like it, but this goofy fellow..." I lightly shoved Bokuto and he stumbled a bit, "...is one of the five best spikers in the nation!"

Kuroo nodded, "Yeah, so he'll be some great practice." He and Bokuto smirked.

Akaashi sighed, "But, I think he's still probably upset about not being in the top three anymore." I patted Bokuto on the back, "There there."

He slapped my hand away, "WHY WOULD YOU SAY ALL THAT NICE STUFF JUST TO TEAR ME DOWN?" Kuroo snickered and turned back to Tsukki, "Anyways skinny jeans, you are a middle blocker... don't you think you should practice your blocking once in a while?" (a/n: AFHAEWHFAH I HAD TO ADD THE SKINNY JEANS PART)

Tsukishima's eyebrow twitched as he silently walked past us into the gym. I glanced between the other boys as Bokuto gave Kuroo a thumbs up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YEAHHHH!" Bokuto yelled.

Akaashi deadpanned, "You are amazing...you beat a single blocker." I let out a laugh as Bokuto turned to him, "Shut up!"

I went to pick up the ball, yelling back, "That was good Bokuto-san!" Bokuto whipped his head back to Akaashi, "See!"

Poor Tsukishima though, he seems exhausted after putting up with Bokuto's endless amount of energy.

Kuroo stepped up to the net next to Tsukki, "How about two blockers then?" Bokuto grinned, "Double? Bring it on!" I tilted my head and turned to where Kuroo previously was in the gym.