Chapter 8 ~ Chemistry

Third Person P.O.V:

The night before the big game almost every Karasuno player lied awake in their bed, contemplating the next day. This includes two certain lovebirds who were awake, texting each other.

Baldy <3: N/nnnnnnnn, I can't sleep T_T

Y/n ヅ:  Ryuu, wtf it's like 2 am

Baldy <3: Yeah that's like the whole point

Y/n ヅ: oh stfu, what's wrong why can't u sleep??

Baldy <3: Idk, I guess I'm like kinda nervous for the game

Baldy <3: And I miss you 👉 👈

Y/n ヅ: pffftt, u just saw me like a few hours ago

Baldy <3: Ok and? Do you not miss me? 😔

Y/n ヅ: ofc i miss u. not to be cheesy or anything, but I wish u were here rn smh

Baldy <3: LMAO it was cheesy but maybe I can grant your wish, if you know what I mean 😼

Y/n ヅ: i really don't-

Baldy <3 is typing...

At that moment, Y/n rips her headphones off to hear a soft tapping against her window. She cautiously steps out of bed and tiptoes her way over, peaking through the curtains.

When she sees a familiar buzz cut, Y/n throws her window open.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" She whisper-shouts down as Tanaka grins.

"Well, I missed you and you missed me, so here I am!" He yells, triumphantly.

"Okay okay shhhhh. My parents are asleep and my room is on the second floor, so how do you expect to get in?" She shushes him while he makes a thinking face before lighting up again.

After some struggle, he somehow manages to climb up the side of the house, tumbling through the window and into the room.

Y/n buries her face into her hands, laughing, while Tanaka just sits there with a dazed look on his face.

She walks to her bed and starts to get comfortable again, "Get up, dummy."

Tanaka shook himself back into reality and dived onto the bed. Y/n giggles, turning to face him.

They stare at each other for a couple seconds before Tanaka leans in, placing a sweet kiss to her lips.

When Y/n pulls away, she scoots closer to him, leaning her head on his chest while he wraps his arms around her waist.

They both sigh dreamily before Y/n speaks up, "I didn't get to text you it earlier, but you're gonna do great tomorrow. I know you're kind of nervous, but I believe in you."

Tanaka's arms tighten around her and he rests his chin on her head, "Thanks N/n, I don't know what I'd do without you."

She hums, "Yeah, I don't know either."

They laugh and continue to talk until they both drift to sleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, Tanaka startles awake, making the girl next to him grumble and snuggle further into him.

"I gotta get back home before my parents wake up." He explains, (unfortunately) pulling himself out her embrace and moving towards the window.

Y/n sighs and gets up to give him a quick kiss on the cheek before watching him climb out of the window.

Halfway down, his hand slips and he, less than gracefully, falls onto the grass below.