Chapter 4 ~ Pinky Promise

(F/n) = Friend's Name :)

Y/n's Point of View:

"DUDE, I'M TELLING YOU, I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA KISS ME!" I screamed into the phone.

"ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT'S WHAT WAS HAPPENING? MAYBE YOU JUST READ THE SITUATION WRONG?" (F/n) screamed back.

"Okay, there's no way I rEaD tHe sItUaTiOn wROng. He like literally did the kabedon, like WHAT IS THIS? A SHOUJO ANIME?" I yelled, pacing around my room.

"Oh my god, first of all stop yelling. Second, you know what this means right?" They said excitedly.

"What?" I questioned.

"He obviously likes you! Not only did he like almost kiss you or whatever, but he said he likes when you call him Ryuu! Go get your mans girl, hehe" (F/n) said, giggling.

"Wha- but he's never liked me as more than a friend before. I know what he did was weird but like, I don't know! It's just, I've liked him for so long I don't want to get my hopes up over nothing. Curse me and my teenage hormones," I sighed.

"I'm telling you he likes you and I know you can tell too, so stop trying to act oblivious. Anyways, I gotta go hide from my mom, she's trying to make me clean my room and that's a no no. Keep me updated, love you!" (F/n) said as they hang up.

'Wow, didn't even let me say bye back' I thought. Does Tanaka actually like me? I can feel the the heat rise to my cheeks just thinking about it. I mean, is there really any other way to take how he was acting? Hm, maybe I should ask Suga about it, he seems to know a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Follow-through! Go after every ball!" Coach Ukai yelled at Hinata whole Kiyoko and I handed him balls to spike.

The Inter-high preliminaries are starting soon. I'm actually kind of excited to see the boys play in a real game. Also, they'll be able to show people that they aren't "wingless crows" anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude, that's nuts!" Noya yelled, "It's like a whole page!"

"Right?" I heard tanaka reply. I instantly felt my ears get hot. See, here's the thing. I haven't really talked to him since that day after the Nekoma game. I just don't know what to say! Like, why is he acting like nothing happened? Was it nothing to him?

I walked over to them with Hinata and Kageyama. "What are you guys talking about?" I asked them.

"Look!" Tanaka held the magazine up to me looking directly into my eyes. I quickly looked away and took it from him, seeing that they were looking at a page dedicated to Ushiwaka.

"So, who's Ushiwaka?" Hinata asked.

As they tried to explain everything to him, I took this as a good moment to pull Suga aside.

"Hey Suga, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked him nervously.

"Yeah of course! Be right back," he told the guys.

I pulled him to the opposite end of the gym.

"Okay, so, um...okay," I started, fiddling with my fingers.

"What is it Y/n? You know you can ask me anything," He stated.

I sighed, "Yeah, I know. Just... h-has Tanaka like said anything to you? About me, I mean."

He seemed taken aback for a minute before composing himself and responding. "Why do you ask?"

"Okay, what I'm about to tell you, you cannot repeat to anyone. Promise?" I asked holding my pinky out.