Chapter Fifty Eight

After my emotional outburst with Remus, I was feeling a lot better

After my emotional outburst with Remus, I was feeling a lot better. I hadn't cried since Cedric's death and letting myself cry it out did me a whole lot of good. I probably should have waited until I got home as I got a lot of weird looks from passersby on the platform, but I suspected most of those were aimed at Remus and Sarah, who were still arguing. Amy had taken me to one side and was sat next to me, cross legged on the platform floor. She lent over and wrapped an arm around me and started plaiting my hair while Sarah shouted at Remus.

"With her father's reappearance and allegiance to you-know-who, Allie isn't safe," I heard Remus say. He was whispering so I didn't hear but he was also stood like 10 cm away from me so obviously I heard. "She needs to be around people who can protect her. She needs to be with the Order," Remus continued, still whispering. I had no trouble hearing Sarah, who was shouting in her anger.

"That's not what her mother wanted for her!" Sarah snapped, not bothering to lower her voice like Remus, "She wanted Allie to be in my care because I am not magic. She didn't want Allie around all of this, she wanted to protect her from the war the first time around and I will do the same the second time."

I tried not to listen to what Sarah was saying. I knew that Voldemort's reappearance was definitely not a good thing but I tried not to think about the possibility of a second war. The first was bad enough and had affected my life in more ways than I even knew. It had taken my mother from me before I could form memories of her and my father's involvement in it had severed any ties I could ever have with him before I was even born. And I was still dealing with Cedric dying. I wasn't ready to think about a second war. And if what Remus said was right, my dad was back and on Voldemort's side, then I really didn't want to think about what that would mean for me. I wanted everything to continue on as it had been. But it just wasn't possible.

"Sarah, that's my point," Remus implored, "You can't do magic. Should Allie be targeted, she'd be a sitting duck. There would be no hope for her, or you. Or your daughter," he said, playing into all of Sarah's weaknesses to persuade her that he was right.

Sarah didn't say anything for a while and looked away from Remus and over at me and Amy. We both averted our gaze so she wouldn't realise we were listening in on their conversation.

"Staying with me and the rest of the Order is not only what's best for her but what's best for you and your daughter," Remus continued, "Please, Sarah, think about what's best here."

Sarah remained silent for a while but finally said in a soft low voice, "Fine."

I barely heard her but Remus did. He nodded and walked over to me, with no protests from Sarah. Amy smiled at me softly and hopped up to stand next to Sarah to give and Remus a minute alone.

"There's been a slight change of plan," Remus said and I stood up, "Instead of returning with Sarah, you're going to be staying with me for the summer."