Chapter 19

"The guys are going to be here in a few minutes," Rachelle called out as she fastened her gold dangling earrings in. "You look hot, Rach," Cara Mia said from behind her. Rachelle watched as her best friend descended the stares in a yellow sleeveless mermaid style dress that fitted her body perfectly.

"Damn Gina! You a bad bitch for sure!" Rachelle hyped her up causing Cara Mia to twerk in her dress and laugh. "We're a mess!" Cara Mia walked over to the mirror Rachelle stood at and gave herself a once over. "You look great." Rachelle smiled earning her a hug.

They heard the doorbell ring and Cara Mia went to open it. "Wow, Bella. You're perfect." Rachelle could hear Gianni say. Rachelle smiled to herself. Her best friend deserved that kind of attention and affection. She couldn't remember the last time Cara Mia let herself get as close to a man as she was getting with Gianni. Rachelle knew he was the real deal and that he felt the same way about Cara Mia. Tonight was going to be a fun night, which Rachelle appreciated. She loved when they all made memories as couples and a group.

They walked in and Rachelle couldn't help but smile at the look Pietro gave her as he ravaged her body with his eyes. "We're not going anymore," he said grabbing her hand and heading for the stairs. "Quit it!" Rachelle laughed as she pulled him away from the stairs.

"Yes, we are going, because Claire will kill me if I don't show. She says I'll be the life of the party." Rachelle beamed. "You are definitely the life of the party, Rachelle." Gianni spoke up still looking Cara Mia over. "We're missing someone." Pietro smiled as he watched an anxious Luca.

"Ava Marcelle Johansson, if you don't get your black ass down here so we can go!" Ava could hear Rachelle threaten and laughed. She cried the first time she put the dress on. Originally, she thought her mother made it for prom but it was too big for her high school frame. It wasn't until Rachelle mentioned that maybe it was a wedding dress that it clicked. But that didn't make sense.

If it was in fact a simple wedding gown, then that meant her parents knew they were in danger and she couldn't wrap her mind around that. It couldn't be something she even entertained. Ava looked herself over again and smiled. She had taken out her twists, washed and curled her natural hair in beach waves. She hoped so much that Luca would like it. She felt like a teenage girl and chuckled as she exited her room.

Cara Mia noticed that each guy wore different versions of an all-black suit and they each looked amazing. She smiled knowingly at Luca's white bow tie and handkerchief. Rachelle had text him to wear it knowing he would match Ava. They wanted to take a specific picture for their friend to cherish forever. She deserved all the happiness she could get and they were going to do their part to ensure she was happy.

"Ava Marcelle!" Rachelle screamed. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" Ava said as she made her way down the spiral stairs. Everyone heard the intake of breath that Luca took. He stared at her like she was the most precious thing in the world and to him she was. "You like it?" Ava asked quietly. He smiled so bright she mimicked him.

"I love it. And I love you," he whispered as he bent down to give her a long kiss. The four of them smiled at the display of love in front of them. Cara Mia took the opportunity to take a quick photo of Ava and Luca as they stared into one another's eyes.

"Alright lover boy let's go," Rachelle got in between them. "Ava over here, Luca over here." Rachelle instructed while Cara Mia got both her phone and Rachelle's. "Now smile like the lovesick dopes you two are." They posed and smiled happily, which reflected in the picture-perfect image. They had a flower wall in the living room that acted like the best backdrop. Luca was well aware that Rachelle's input on his attire had something to do with whatever Ava was wearing, but he wasn't expecting this.