Chapter 1

*~* Hi, Bugaboos, so this story is not finished, but I am currently on Hiatus. Until I am able to start writing again, it will be listed as Complete.

On brighter news, this is my first ever public post of one of my stories. This is a fan-fiction, 100%! I've changed a lot of things from the original work, The Mortal Instruments books! This story is set a few years after The Mortal War. It is also an old writing, I started it way back in the day, probably 2011-2012. I have gone through and edited it, though.

I hope you enjoy it! <3 *~*

Today is Friday, May 24th, 2013: Tokyo, Japan – 6:39pm.

My name is Kazumi Akanishi and I'm the only daughter to Isoko and Daichi Akanishi. I am 16 years old this year and I'm a Shadowhunter. I'm tiny, a very petite girl, only standing at 4 foot 10 inches tall. I have black knee-length hair and sky blue eyes. I'm all muscle, no body fat and my boobs are 36B's. I'm also very intelligent, my I.Q. is very high and I get bored easily. I love hunting demons everyday with my dog companion, Riku.

He's a 4-year-old solid black German shepherd. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. Most Shadowhunters have birds as companions, but I'm not most anything.

I've been marked as a child prodigy since I was 10 years old. I lived in Idris until I was 5 and then we moved to the Tokyo Institute. I'd been at the institute for 5 years and I was bored, this was back in 2007. I went to the library and got the Staff of Ryuu out of her glass case; she was shining and I thought she was pretty—I had to play with her. When I picked her up she was in her closed staff stage, about a foot long. She sprang to life, extending to 6 feet, I almost dropped her. When my father found me, I was swinging her around my body, her ax blades out. He almost had a heart attack. Anyways news that the Staff of Ryuu had accepted a 10-year-old girl spread fast and I've been called that ever since.

I've just spent the day searching the city for demons, I thought I was going to have to go home without one fight, but I got lucky. I make it my goal to kill at last one demon every day. I killed two demons today, so I'm extremely happy.

Riku and I stopped at the front gate to the Institute and I put my hand on the lock. The gate slowly opened and we walked in.

We went up the stairs and got into the elevator. We rode up to the 3rd floor and got out on the housing floor.

I inhaled and smiled. "Come on, Riku," I said, excited. I took off running down the long corridor and he barked at me, following.

I slid into the kitchen, smiling, "Mom, why are you making my favorite food?" I insisted, happy.

She turned back to me and smiled, "Well, hello Kazumi-chan, it's nice to see you too."

I laughed, "Sorry," I replied and walked over to her, "Hi mom." I kissed her cheek.

There's a rule in my family, if you've spent the day hunting, no hugs until after you shower.

"Go wash up," She said, rolling her eyes, "I'll have dinner ready by the time you're done."

"Okay," I called, already running out of the room.

She shook her head and turned back to the shove. She exhaled. ...She's so happy today... She thought as she started stirring again. ...I don't know how Daichi is going to tell her...

I ran down the hall, playing with Riku as we went. I giggled and then walked into my room.

Almost all of the bedrooms in the institute are the same, except 5 of them. I guess who ever lived here before us had a bigger family. But anyways, my room and my parents room are the two largest. My family is what you'd call old money, so we decorated our rooms the way we wanted them, not caring about cost.