Chapter 5

Two Hours Later: Kazumi's Bedroom – 4:30pm.

Knock. Knock.

I looked over at the door and walked to it. "Yeah?" I asked, opening it.

Alec waved at me, "Want some company?" He asked, smiling.

I giggled, "Sure," I answered and let him in.

"I got bored watching Jace train," He explained, walking in, "So I figured I'd come see what you're up too."

I sighed and closed the door, "I'm bored as well." I told him, walking over to the window seat. I sat down and looked out the window, "I've been trying to figure out what Jace and dad aren't telling me."

"Any luck with that?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"No go," I answered and hissed, "I keep thinking of stupid things."

He laughed, "Well, just so you know," He said and then exhaled, "Jace is like that with everyone."

I looked over at him, "Even the 'you're too innocent, someone needs to break you in,' shit he was going on about."

He looked up at me quickly, "What?" He asked, shocked.

I started to repeat it and he cut me off.

"No, I heard you," He said, shaking his head, "I meant, Jace said something like that to you?"

I nodded, "Good to know I'm not the only one confused about it."

He chuckled, "I'm only confused to why he'd even say something like that to you." He told me, "Not as to why he would say it."

I exhaled and looked out the window. "So, it's just me, great, I hate being confused."

He's lost in thought.

I looked over at him after a couple minutes, "Hey, tell me something."

He glanced over at me, "Okay."

"What Jace mean by your innocence would be cute, if he didn't hate my personality." I asked him, serious, "No one's ever said anything like that to me. I have no idea what he's talking about, why would innocence be cute?" I narrowed my eyes, "Does he think I'm a puppy or something?"

Alec busted out laughing.

I just waited for him to stop laughing, about 2 minutes.

He exhaled, trying to breathe normally again, "I doubt that, Kazumi." He said, smiling, "It's a guy thing, I guess."

"The puppy part or the innocence part?"

That sent him into a fit of laughter. "The latter," He answered, still laughing. He exhaled, "But I'm not sure I should be the one you ask about this. I'm a guy."

"And you're gay," I replied, smiling, "Plus your sister isn't too fond of me."

He sighed, "Alright, I'll try to explain." He said and then turned to me, moving his knee up on the seat. "Guys like innocent girls."

"Which means?" I asked, "I've killed hundreds of demons—"

He shook his head, "No, not hunting, Jace was talking about you not doing anything with guys, like sexually."

My eyebrow rose, "I don't have time for a boyfriend."

He chuckled, "Knowing Jace, he picked that up real quick. He's kind of a womanizer."

I snorted, "With his looks, I can just imagine."

He laughed, "Plus how you just stood there when he couldn't force you down and he was thrown into you instead. I guess he figured you didn't react because you didn't know just how close he was." He said and then shook his head, "I was shocked, you didn't even start breathing harder."