Searching

Emma lets out a small yawn, wriggling in her bed slightly and rubbing her eyes. Blearily, she opened them and looked around, filling with panic. 

Where the hell was she? And then the events of the previous day come flooding back. God. Oh God. Why? Why couldn't it just be some random, weird dream? Why did she have to be stuck in a world without air conditioning or coffee or her yellow bug? 

Letting out a loud sigh, she rolled over onto her side and let out another short groan. God, she just can't take this anymore. She can't just sit here and be forced into uncomfortable situations where she's absolutely miserable. 

She needs to get out of her. As soon as possible. Quietly, she got out of bed and threw on her leather jacket. She crept to Henry's room, making sure she didn't wake anyone up. 

That wouldn't be good. She couldn't let anyone stop her from doing this. Eventually, she found his room and carefully entered it. 

"Henry, come on. Wake up. We've got to go." She whispered softly, shaking him gently. He yawns and rubs his eyes, blinking quickly and looking up at her through sleepy eyes. 

"Why? What's happening?" 

"Shh! It doesn't matter. Just get out of bed, kid." Emma carefully guides him out of bed and he lets out another yawn and she grits her teeth. She knows it's not his fault but they really do need to be quiet or this won't ever work. 

"Follow me."

"Where are we going and why are we whispering?" Henry asks, stumbling along by her side. 

"Because we don't won't to wake anyone." They walk along cautiously 

"Why are we going here?" Henry asks. 

She hates that she has to hide this from him, especially as she gets sudden flashbacks from when she pulled the same stunt before and tried to pull him out of Storybrooke. 

She recalls how angry and hurt Henry had been and the look on Mary-Margaret's face the next day. It nearly stops her. 

She considers of the idea of just going back to bed, trying to get used the this world and maybe starting again and finally being part of a real family. But no, she can't. She doesn't belong here. And Henry is the only family she needs. 

Filled with new certainty and determination, she pulls him back into the nursery, opening the door of the wardrobe. 

Henry lets out a short, angry gasp as he realises what she's trying to do and immediately starts to struggle against her grasp. 

Emma grits her teeth, exhaling through her nose. She so desperately wishes that he would be more cooperative and understanding. She was trying to do what was best for him after all! 

"Let's go home, Kid." 

"No! Please, don't make me go. I don't want to go." He shouts. 

"Henry, be quiet! "

"Help! Please she's trying to go through the wardrobe! Mom, you can't go. This is our home now. You can't!" Henry shouts. 

She bites down on her lip, tugging even more fiercely on his arm than before. She will get him through this wardrobe even it takes all of her energy. Which it probably will.

"Henry! Do you have to be so difficult?"

 "Yeah because you're ruining everything! I thought you were better than Regina but you are just like her!" He shouts. 

And, god, that stings. That really flipping stings. Because she knew how awful a mother Regina was. 

She was the good mother. The fun one who did want Henry wanted. It hurt to be compared to the Evil Queen.