Hook

"Captain, did you hear the news?" Smee asks. 

Hook turns his attention from watching his men work on and clean up the Jolly Roger to his first mate who was running onto his ship, bright red and panting. 

He raises his eyebrows and his heart jolts slightly as he thinks that Smee might have found something out about the Dark One and maybe he'd finally be able to skin himself crocodile and avenge his love's death. 

"What is it, Smee?" 

"Princess Emma is searching for a magic bean. We have one, Captain. Remember, we found it in the chest we found the other day. If we give it to her, I'm sure we could get a lot of money." Smee tells me. 

His heart sinks slightly as he frowns. Why would he care about some damn princess when he should be focused on killing Rumplestiltskin? Still, money is good and he could possibly use it to buy some information. 

Yes, it is a good idea. But not good enough. His brain starts to whir into action as a plan formulates in his mind. 

 "Who is she the daughter of, Smee?"

"King David and Queen Snow, Captain." He smirks slightly. He definitely has a plan. 

 "I think we can use this to our advantage, Smee." 

"Should we find her and give her the bean we have, Captain?" 

"No, Smee. There's no need. We don't need the bean to get the money." 

"I don't understand, Captain. What are we going to do?" Smee asks. It's pretty simple. He's going to do what he does best. Exploit people's weaknesses. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a sigh, Emma heads out of her room at the inn she's been staying at. It's been a long couple of days, spending all day walking about the port, asking if anybody has a magic bean. 

And there was also the times where she has to run away and hide from her parent's guards. They're obviously quite desperate to find her. But they won't. 

She's been a bail bonds person for years and before that she was a thief, constantly hiding away from police or angry shop keepers.

 Part of her wants to give up and just go back to the castle. Henry's there and her Parents are too. It would be so simple and easy though a tad embarrassing. 

But she can't. Because knows she's so close to getting a bean. She can almost taste it and then she'll be home and she won't have to think about any of this anymore. 

She walks out of the inn and the strong smell of the sea hits her. It's not a bad smell, It's actually quite comforting. 

She's always felt a pull towards the sea even though she doesn't really know why. She searches for new ships for a bit until eventually giving up. God, she's just so tired. And could really use a drink. 

She enters a tavern and sits down at a table, ordering a drink. She watches as people exit and enter the bar, eventually disappears into her thoughts of Henry, her family and getting home. 

"Hello, Love. Are you okay?" 

Startled slightly, she looks up and sees a man standing by her table, smiling softly. 

He has dark brown hair and blue eyes that remind her of the sea. And her heart flutters slightly. Because god he is hot. And the leather he's wearing doesn't leave much to the imagination. 

But it's not just that. She's filled with a strange need to reach out and grab his hand. She pushes away the feeling, reprimanding herself. 

She should be focused on getting home, not on this gorgeous masterpiece of a man. Wait, what?