After The Fight

Author's Note:

Warning! This chapter contains suicide and suicidal thoughts. If this will trigger you, please skip Killian's POV. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Emma's POV

Still shaking, I walk slowly into the Rabbit Hole. Tears are still falling down my face and what happened keeps replaying in my head. It just doesn't make any sense. I thought Killian was kind, caring, brave, understanding and I thought I was in love with him. But he's not. He's insane, crazy, deranged. I don't love him. I'm afraid of him. Will he come after me again? I'm worried he will. My head is throbbing and I feel like I'm about to be sick. Why didn't I realise that today would be bad? It's always bad. I should've known that Killian wouldn't be able to help me. I moan. I need a drink. Like really, really need a drink. I collapse onto the bar seat and order a drink. 

I drink and as I drink, I think about everything. Mostly about Killian. Is it crazy that part of me still wants to run into his arms? I put my head in my hands and rub my forehead slowly. Why does my life always have to be so difficult? 

"Emma! Are you okay?" I look up to see Mary-Margaret frowning at me. 

"What do you want?" I snap. Mary-Margaret jumps and raises her eyebrows. 

"You just don't look okay." she said, holding her hands up. 

"Why do you care? Let's be honest,  we've never liked each other." I snap again. Mary-Margaret nods and slides down onto the seat next to me. 

"I know but you look like you could use someone to rant to." she said. 

I stare at her. For the first time, she actually sounds genuine. Maybe I should tell her. I would like to rant about it. 

"And how do I know you won't use it against me in some way?" I ask. Mary-Margaret frowns. 

"Do you really think so little of me?"

"Well you have treated me pretty awfully over the years." Mary-Margaret nods and sighs. 

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's just..... you know David Nolan, right?" she asks. 

"Yeah." I answer. 

"Years ago, I had a massive crush on him and we even dated for a quite  a while. But then one night he tried to force himself onto me. I punched him and ran away. I hated him. But those feelings of love also remained. And then I found out her was pursuing someone else. You. And I hated you for it." she explains. My mouth widens. 

"I know it's so petty but those feelings of anger and love made me into a spiteful, jealous, awful person. I'm sorry, Emma." she said. 

"Oh, er, it's okay, I guess." I say. She gives me a small smile. 

"Now that I've ranted about my guy problems, do you want to tell me about yours? Because I can tell this is about a guy. " she says. I bite my lip. She has just told me so I feel like I have to tell her. Plus, it will be nice to get this off my chest. 

"A few weeks ago, I moved into a guy's apartment. His name was Killian and we were just friends. But, as we spent time together, I slowly started to fall for him." 

"Was that the guy who came into the day care the other day?" she asks. I nod. 

"But why are you upset? Aren't you happy that you have fallen in love?" she asks. 

"There's more to the story. Turns out he's crazy. He thinks I'm a princess and that he's Captain Hook." Her eyes widen. "Oh god." 

"Yeah." I say. I laugh sadly.