Her First Ball

Emma's POV

My mother helps ties my hair into bun, allowing a few tendrils of hair to run down the side of my face. I grab her hand and squeeze it softly. "Thanks Mom." I say. She smiles widely. 

"What?" I ask. 

"I'm just glad to see you so happy." 

"It's because I'm in love." 

"I know how you feel. When I first fell in love with your father, I felt giddy just at the thought of him." she tells me. I smile back at her.  

"Oh! I almost forgot. I have a present for you!" Mary-Margaret exclaims. I look at her and watch as she brings out a box and opens it. Inside is a tiara. 

"I wore this to my very first ball. So, I thought you could wear it to your first ball." she explained. I stare at it. It's beautiful but relatively simple. My sort of thing and my sort of style. 

"It's fine if you don't like. It was just an idea, I really don't mind." she says quickly. 

"No, Mom. It's amazing. I want to wear it." I say. She smiles widely and places it in my hair. 

I swallow and play with a strand of my hair. "Emma, what's wrong?" she asks. 

"Nothing." I say quickly. "Emma, come on, you can tell me. What's the matter?" she asks again. "I'm just nervous. I never really liked being the centre of attention. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it- being a princess and all." I say. 

"Can I give you some advice? Focus on Killian. Don't think about the others, just focus on him. You won't worry then. You won't even realise they're there. It'll just be you and the man you love." Mary-Margaret tells me. I close my eyes, thinking about my love for Killian. She places a hand on my arm. 

"Come on, It's time." The guards introduce us in front of the crowd and my mother grabs my hand. 

"Just focus on him, okay?" she whispers. We walk down the staircase and I meet Killian's eyes. I smile slightly at him. He smiles back at me and his mouth and eyes widen as he stares at me. I walk towards him and pull away from Mary-Margaret. He grabs my hand and brings it to his mouth, kissing it softly. 

"You look incredible, Swan." He whispers. I blush and smile softly. "You look..." 

"I know." he says. I bite my lip and take his arm as we walk into the ball together.

Killian's POV

Guests start gathering in the ballroom but all I can think about is Emma. I wonder what dress she will wear. Not that it really matters. My Swan would look beautiful in anything. I just want to see her again and dance with her. I can't believe I get to go with her to her first ball. I smile at the thought of seeing my Swan again. I love her so much. I spot David walking over to me from the other side of the room. He stands next to me. 

"I want to talk about to you about your intentions with my daughter." David tells me. I smile and laugh to myself. "Is that so?" I say. 

"Yes." 

"Well, you don't need to worry. I love your daughter and I intend to make her very happy. Your daughter couldn't be in better hands." I say. 

"And that's exactly what I'm worried about. You already tried to use her once. What's keeping you from using her again?" I frown as I remember what I did to Emma. 

"You don't think I regret what I did. When I met Emma, I was a very different person. I had a life filled with darkness, where the only thing that mattered to me was my revenge. When I first laid eyes upon her, my intentions were impure. But, she changed that. She brought love and light into my life and made me realise that anger is never the answer. Love is. She flipped my world upside down. And I changed. I became a better man because of her. And because of that, I started to realise the error of my ways. I felt awful for how I treated her, what I did to her and what I said to her. Now every time I look at her, I feel love, yes, but also regret and guilt. That's why I will never do anything bad by her again." I tell him. He frowned and crossed his arms. 

"I will allow you to stay with my daughter. For now. Because she clearly loves you and I care deeply about my daughter's happiness. But, I am telling you, pirate, if you hurt her at all, I will hunt you down and make sure you suffer." he told me. 

"Well, you won't have to worry about that. I'm not going to hurt your daughter." I smile. 

"Hmm. You better not." he says. 

Everyone goes silence as the guards announce Queen Snow and Princess Emma. I smile widely as she walks down the stairs. She looks incredible. Her dress is bright red and her hair is pulled into a bun with a few tendrils hanging down. She has a simple tiara placed on the top of her head. I meet her eyes and see her smile softly. I can't believe she is mine. I am so lucky to have her. As she nears me, I grab her hand and raise it to my mouth, placing a soft kiss on it. 

"You look incredible, Swan." I whisper. She blushes and smiles softly. I love it when I make her blush. "You look...." 

"I know." She bites her lip and she takes me arm as we walk into the ball.

Emma's POV

I smile softly as Killian leads me into the centre of the room and places his hands on my waist. "I'm so happy that I get to be the one to be with you during your first ball and that I get to lead you in your first dance, Swan." I swallow and my eyes widen. What did my Mom tell me to stop the nerves?

"Killian, I forgot to mention, I have no idea how to dance." I whisper, starting to worry. 

"Well, you're in luck because I do. I can teach you. And their is only one rule. Pick a partner who knows what he is doing." We start to dance and I lose myself in the dance. I stare into Killian's eyes as we dance and all my worries seem to slip away. It's just me and him. He spins me round and I can't help but squeal. I squeeze his hand and he flashes me a small smile. He's just so damn cute. 

"Well, it seems that you are a natural, Swan." Killian says. I blush and smile. Dancing with Killian is everything. I love him so much. As the song ends, Killian leans in to me and our lips touch. For a few moments, everything is perfect. Then, the lights go out. I hear people screaming from around the ballroom. What is happening? I grip onto Killian tightly and he wraps his arms around me. 

"It's okay, Swan." he whispers in my ear, kissing the top of my head. Everything is still for a few moments, where everyone is confused and frozen with fear. Then, someone lets out a bloodcurdling scream and I hear the loud thud of a body falling to the floor. That's when the chaos begins. People start running out of the hall, screaming. I try to hold onto Killian's hand but there are people running everywhere, trying to escape. I lose my grip on him and then I lose him. 

"Killian!" I shout. I push through crowds of people, trying to see if I can spot Killian. But, I can't see him anywhere. 

"Killian!" I shout again. 

"Emma!" my Mom shouts, running up towards me.

"Emma, someone's dead." she tells me. I close my eyes. I didn't want to fear the worst. 

"Do you know where Killian is? I lost him." I ask. She shakes my head. My heart starts to beat and I begin to fear the worst. What if something bad has happened to him? 

"David!" my Mom shouts, running towards my father. 

"Are you okay?" David asks us. 

"I don't know where Killian is." I say. 

"He'll be in the crowd somewhere. He's a pirate, he'll be fine. He knows how to survive." he says. I nod but inside I don't really believe him. I am worried about him. I need my Killian. Somebody has already died tonight. What if Killian is next? How could a night of love and dancing turn into this?