Their Dark Pasts

Killian's POV

I lied in bed, thinking about Victoria. And what she did to me. I traced my arm softly and I winced in pain. This is going to ruin everything. I think about her and try to remember something about her. We obviously have a past. She said I destroyed everything she loved. But, I don't remember doing that. I don't remember her. I moaned in frustration. Who was this woman? 

"Are you in pain?" I hear a voice say. I sit up and smile at the sight of my Swan. She comes closer to me and kisses me on the lips. I smile softly and rub her hand. 

"I'm fine, Love." I say. She smiles and kisses the top of my head. "What did she do to you?" she asked, her eyes flashing with anger. I cup her face and stroke it softly. 

"Gave me a few nasty cuts. Don't worry. It's nothing I can't handle." I tell her.

She frowns and bites her lip. "Love, what's wrong?" I ask. "You're lying to me." she said coldly. I swallowed and my body went stiff. 

"I'm fine. And I'm not lying to you." I said. 

"You just lied again. What aren't you telling me, Killian? What did she do to you?" she asked, her voice rising. My hand jumped to my arm. Emma saw and grabbed my arm. 

"Swan, what are you doing?" I shouted. "Seeing what you are keeping from me." she said determinedly. 

"Don't!" I shout. But it's too late. Emma pulls back my sleeve and gasps in shock. Victoria carved her name into my arm. 

"What did she do to you?" I clenched my jaw. 

"She wanted to mark me. Make me always remember her." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Why did she do this to you? What happened with her in your past?

"I don't know." I whispered, closing my eyes. No. No. No. I can't tell her anymore. I can't. It will ruin everything. She won't love me anymore. And Victoria knew that. That's why she did it. 

"Why not?" she asks, her eyes wide and full of worry. I bite my lip. She placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"Killian, you can tell me anything." she said softly. I looked into her forest-green eyes full of love and care. I couldn't destroy that. I couldn't bear if she looked at me with hate and disgust instead. That's what would happen if I told her about my past. "Killian!? Do you not trust me?" she asked, clearly hurt. 

"Of course I do. I love you, Emma!" I said, placing a kiss on her hand. 

"Then, open up to me. Please." she begged. I sighed. 

"Emma, I was a very different man before I met you. I was a villain with a dark heart. I only cared about one thing. My revenge. I took what I wanted, I killed and I destroyed so many innocent lives. I was an awful person." Her eyes widened and she swallowed. "I love everything about you, Emma. But one of my favourite parts of you are your forest-green eyes. More specifically the way they look at me. With such love and care. Once you hear about my past, that love will be destroyed. I can't let that happen." I explain. She cupped my face with her hand and rubbed my face soothingly. 

"Killian, I don't care about the man you were. You've changed! You're a hero now. I love you and I will always love you. Nothing is going to change that!" she told me. She wrapped her fingers around mine and kissed my hand. 

"I'm here. You can tell me anything. Why don't you remember who that woman is?" she asked once again. 

"I...I have been with....hundreds of women. None of them meant anything to me. And I remember hardly any of them." I said sadly. Emma kissed me softly. And then, she laughed. I frowned. "This isn't something to laugh about!" I shouted.