Chapter Two

A/N: I think the answer to this question is the first option ^^

Y/N's POV

1776, New York City

As the man kept on rambling about himself, I couldn't help but glance over at the ragtag group of men watching him. My eyes drifted from across them, observing them intently.

I actually had no idea how long I was staring at them until the freckles face of John Laurens looked back at me. He gave me a smile, and I gave him a small smile back. If I could, I bet I would've been blushing as bright as a cherry tomato.

I quickly looked back at the other guy, who was now standing on the table and declaring, "I'ma get a scholarship to Kings College."

It didn't take long for the other three to join, because now they were all spelling, "I am the A-L-E-X-A-N-D-E-R we are, meant to be!"

"A colony that runs independently. Meanwhile Britain keeps shittin' on us endlessly." The guy, whose name I assumed was Alex, on the table told them.

He kept on rambling on. I watched as the bartender brought over shots for the guys. I gave the bartender a somewhat worried look. Is it safe to give these people more alcohol?

Soon as they downed the shots, Lafayette stood up and began to say his wishes for the future.

"I dream with life without ze monarchy. Ze unrest in France will lead to onarchy? Onarchy, how you say, how you say?" He looked over at Hercules and John, making sure he was saying it right. He then smiled before finally deciding on the word. "Anarchy! When I fight, I make ze  other side panicky with my shot!" He then took a shot of alcohol.

"Yo, I'm a tailor's apprentice. And I got y'all knuckleheads in loco parentis. I'm joining the rebellion, because I know it's my chance to socially advance, instead of seeing some pants. I'm gonna take a shot!" Hercules boomed, taking a shot as well.

John then stood up and moved over to Alex and put his arm around his shoulder, "But we'll never be truly free, until those in bondage have the same rights as you and me," I heard Alex say something along the lines of "That's right." John then continued, "You and I, do or die. Wait till I sally in, on a Stallion. With the first black battalion. Have another shot!" He then proceeded to walk to the table and grab his shot of alcohol.

I heard a pretty dramatic sigh, and turned, my eyes landing on Burr, who closed his book that he was reading.

"Geniuses, lower your voices. You keep out of trouble and double your choices. I'm with you, but the situation is fraught. You've got to be carefully taught, because if you talk you're gonna get shot." He said simply, before returning to his book.

Alex then proceeded to tell Burr how lucky they were to be placed in the same spot, at the same time. He soon realized he was talking too much. I almost jumped off the stool when Laurens declared, "Let's get this guy in front of a crowd!" And with that, the group of four left the tavern and went outside.

I sat there for a little bit, trying to comprehend what just happened. I then stood up and made my way towards the stairs, but before I went up, I turned and asked Burr, who was in the middle of his book, "Is this a normal occurrence?" He looked up, trying to figure out who said that, but then his eyes turned to me and he chuckled.

"Pretty much. At least with those three." And with that, he returned to reading.

I made my way upstairs and into my room.

That's when I heard the shouting and yelling. I slowly walked over to my window to take a closer look.

"My god, they're drunk." I muttered, opening the window and watching the scene below. I leaned out of the window to get a closer look.

"Shout it to the rooftops!" John yelled, the people the streets yelling along with him.

"Rise up! When you're living on your knees, you rise up!" He said, grabbing a nearby woman's hand.

"Tell your brother that he's gotta rise up! Tell your sister she's gotta rise up!" He told the woman before twirling her around and letting her go.

I let out a small sigh before closing the window.  I then quickly changed into a nightgown before removing the comforter of the bed. I then laid down and pulled the comforter over myself.

If this is what New York City usually was like, I couldn't wait until the next day.

784 words

Welp, I made two chapters today. I'm honestly super excited about this. I mean, I think it's going to be an interesting story.

Anywho, imma head off to bed. Goodnight! 😊