Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Y'all, I was walking out of the woods (in the dark), and I heard scratching noises above me. And I thought, 'Shit, Bigfoot is going to kill me.' I slowly shine my flashlight above me, and I saw........

Two baby raccoons!!!!!! Of course, I know better not to mess with the babies, otherwise the mother will literally tear you apart.

But holy shit, they scared me 😂.

Also, the time in which this chapter is set is going to be a bit wonky 😂

Late February - Late June, 1777, Albany, New York.

Y/N's POV

The guys left about a month ago. It was quiet without them here, but they promised to write us.

They never did.

I would wait in the parlor, my eyes scanning the road as I looked for the mail boy.

Whenever he did come, he wouldn't have anything for me or the girls.

~Timeskip~ (brought to you by Justin Laboy- THATS ME!)

September, 1777, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.

John's POV

The battle was rough, but we somehow made it through.

I was currently pacing near the medical tent. Lafayette has been injured, and we hadn't heard about him since the Battle of Brandywine ended.

My thoughts were racing through my mind as I kept pacing. Before I could get sucked into my thoughts, a Doctor walked out of the tent. I quickly walked up to him, "Is Lafayette alright??" I asked.

He nodded, "Yes. Thankfully the bullet only hit his calf and not anywhere above his knee." He told me.

"Can I see him?" I asked, feeling relieved.

The doctor nodded once more, "Of course, just try not to overwhelm the Marquis." He said.

I made my way into the medic tent. There were a lot of soldiers in this tent, but I had my mind set on finding a certain Frenchman.

It didn't take long for me to find him. He was laying on a cot, his leg bandaged. I looked at his face, and I laughed a bit. His expression was more annoyed than in pain.

He looked at me and gave me a glare, "You think this," he said, gesturing at his leg, "is funny?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I shook my head, "No, but your facial expressions are priceless."

Laf rolled his eyes before speaking again, "Are the others alright?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. Right now they are helping Washington with the prisoners."

Laf didn't say anything for a bit, so I stood awkwardly not far from him.

He then spoke, "What do you think Y/N and the Schuylers will think about this?" He asked me.

My eyes went wide and I raced out of the medical tent and towards my own.

'How could I have forgotten???' I scolded myself.

Late September, 1777, Albany, New York.

Y/N's POV

I was sitting on the gazebo, reading a book when Eliza walked up.

I wore the silk gloves she had bought me, and my hat. I also wore a light lavender dress with matching slippers. So, you could say I was comfortable.