Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Y'all get fluff in this chapter 😤. Also, I thought the picture above would totally fit the situation with Y/N and John, but of course it's basically in Alex's POV 😂

——————————————————————

May, 1779, New York City, New York

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, I need you to tell me what happened," John said quietly, leading me to a table for us to sit. Laf and Alex right behind us.

As I sat down, I let out a shaky breath. The tears had stopped flowing, but I could still feel them about to pour again. "W-we were heading back to the Schuyler's, and all of a sudden, the carriage just lurched forward....."

~Flashback~

The carriage lurched forward, making me fall. Ashton grabbed my arm before I could land. I glanced up at him and smiled, "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." He smiled back. There was a loud thud that came from outside, so we stayed in the carriage for a little bit. After a while, Ashton grabbed my hand and led me out of the carriage. He turned to where the coachman usually was, but he wasn't there.

The horse managed to get loose somehow and was now tugging at the restraints of the coach. The horse looked at us, the whites in its eyes showing. I slowly walked up to the animal. It's ears lying flat against its head. I reached up to pet it's muzzle and tried to calm it down.

"Hey, it'll be okay. We'll figure out what happened..." I soothed, trying to calm the animal. I kept repeating the words, as well as some other phrases, and the horse soon calmed down.

"Y/N...." I heard Ashton say from behind. "Hm?" I replied before turning around. My eyes went wide when I saw who was behind him. I stumbled back a bit, my back hitting the wooden restraints on the carriage.

The man's eyes glinted in the dark, and a

smirk plastered along his face. I could easily see his fangs through the smirk. "Hello to you too, Y/N," Isaac growled.

I glanced at Ashton, whose face was pale. His heartbeat was going crazy, and his breathing was turning into small gasps. I took a few steps forward as my gaze drifted from Ashton to Isaac. "Isaac, let us be," I whispered, reaching out for Ashton's hand. He took it eagerly, and I pulled him towards me. I was now standing between Isaac and Ashton, my fists clenched.

"Never. After so many years of being alone, why should I continue to be alone." He gave me a crazed grin. "And besides, if I do want you to be with me, then I'm going to have to kill this guy. I don't want anyone in the way of my plan." He said with a shrug, pointing over at Ashton.

"You'll have to get through me, first," I growled, raising my fists and getting into a fighting stance. Isaac glared at me before shrugging again, "Suit yourself." He lunged.

~End Flashback~

I raised my hand towards my tear-stained cheek, letting it brush against the now forming bruise. I winced and looked at John, "I don't know what he's going to do to Ashton, but it won't be anything good." I mumbled before bringing my hand back down.

"Comment parvient-on à le sauver? (How do we manage to save him?)" Laf asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to think of possible ideas.

"Not sure," Alex mumbled, rubbing his hands over his face. He let out a sigh before looking at me, "Do you have any idea where he could be at?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.