Chapter Fifteen

A/N: So, I recently read a John Laurens x Reader book, and so the John in this book played in 21 Chump Street (as Justin Laboy, since Anthony played him irl). And so, John proposed to Y/N and sang 'What the Heck I Gotta Do' and towards the end of the song, instead of asking her to prom, he asked her to marry him.

I squealed so loud 😂. Honestly, I think it would be a cute proposal.

Its called .......

I never want to say goodbye; a John Laurens x Reader

By ellaea0

Okay, I'm done now, I'll start writing.

————————————————————————

May, 1779, New York City, New York

Y/N's POV

Since our first meeting at the ball, Ashton and I have gotten closer. Of course, we were still friends, and I had no romantic feelings towards him.

But I couldn't say the same for him.

He was super sweet, and I could tell he would stand up for his loved ones if he had to, even if it costed him his life. He was also very humorous, which is always a good trait to have.

I even saw his future flash before my eyes, and from what I could tell, his life would be perfect. And I was fine with not being in it. This man was just going to find it out the hard way.

We were currently walking through some of the merchant stalls in New York, looking for nothing in particular. In one of the shops, there were paintings for sale. I walked around the stall, my eyes scanning over the beautifully portrayed art pieces.

My eyes caught onto a specific one. It showed a horse racing through a field of long grass, trying to run from an approaching rainstorm. The hues of the storm clouds gave me an eerie feeling, but it also gave me a relaxed one.

I kept admiring the painting. The horse's face showed an expression of fear and urgency. I began to wonder how the artist managed to portray the horses' expression so....... accurately.

I must have been looking at the painting so intensely, because I didn't hear Ashton come up behind me.

"Wow.....look at all of the dark colors." He murmured behind me, making me jump a bit.

"Sorry! I-I didn't mean to scare you!" He stammered, rubbing his hand behind his neck in embarrassment.

I turned around, looking into his blue eyes, and let out a small laugh, "Ashton, please, you don't need to apologize. I just wasn't paying attention to my surroundings."

He smiled a bit, his cheeks dusted with a light shade of pink. "So......um.....where should we go next?" He asked awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes playfully before grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the stall, "I want to look around the tailor shop." I said with a light smile on my face. I glanced back at Ashton, who had a look of surprise and admiration on his face.

'Why though? I didn't do anything to be admired?' I thought to myself before shrugging off the thought.

We made our way through a crowd of people, trying not to push people as we walked towards  the tailor shop. I accidentally stepped on someone's shoe. "Sorry!" I called, glancing back at the person.

As I was looking back at the guy, I didn't notice someone walk out in front of me. "Y/N, look out!" Ashton called, a little too late.

And then we walked right into each other. I let out an 'oof' noise, while the other person let out a small grunt.