Chapter Four

A/N: Okay, you know how I said that I was going to put memes for the chapter picture? Well I'm going to put art too (it's not my art. I found it on Pinterest). But this art had my heart broken, and it was so sad 😞.

Y/N's POV

August 1776, Albany, New York

~2 weeks later~

The Schuyler Mansion was huge! Each of the eight siblings had their own room, and they had a few guest bedrooms as well.

Philip and Catherine Schuyler said it was alright that I stayed until I could find a house and be able to provide for myself.

It was now about 10:00 at night, and the sky was now a deep purplish color. The guest room that I stayed in had a balcony, so if I wanted, I could easily exit the house from there. But I would have to be careful.

Surrounding the mansion were thick woods, so I had a pretty easy source of food. I can eat human food, but it sometimes doesn't agree with my stomach. Tonight, we had stew. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I soon became sick and went straight to the restroom.

Afterwards, I went to my room. My stomach was growling now, and I could feel the temptation to hunt grow stronger as I stood on the balcony, my hands resting on the railings. I could sense everyone in the house too, and I could hear the blood flow through their veins.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by a knock at the door. "Come in." I said lightly, turning a bit to glance at the door.

Eliza stepped into my room slowly before asking, "Aren't you supposed to be laying down?" I smiled a bit.

"I would, but I get easily restless." I said with a chuckle.

Eliza made her way towards the balcony and stood next to me. "If Mama came in here instead of me, you best believe that she would put restraints on you so that you couldn't get up." She giggled, looking out at the forests.

I smiled at her before turning my gaze back towards the forest. I could see the fireflies flashing about, and the crickets joining in with their music.

"What do you plan on doing tomorrow?" Eliza asked, disrupting the nature's music. I shrugged.

"I'm not sure, why?" I asked, looking at her. She flashed me a mischievous grin in the moonlight before turning to me.

"Oh, no reason. It's just that my sisters and I are heading to New York City again, so if you want, you can come." She said before adding in a relaxed, yet mischievous tone, "And who knows, maybe Mr. Freckles will be in town."

I laughed at her, "Oh please. I don't have a crush on him. I think you guys are just imagining a spark between us. And like I said a few weeks ago, I haven't even had a conversation with him."

"Exactly! So, we find him tomorrow and you guys can talk!" Eliza said excitedly, jumping a bit. She then took my hands into hers and looked me in the eye. "Please will you come to town with us? Who knows, you guys might hit it off~" she said the last part in a sing song voice.

I sighed, "I'll think about it." And with that answer and Eliza let out a small squeal of joy. She then began to head out of the room.

"Wait!" I called after her. She turned around, an excited but questioning look on her face.

"Is it okay for me to go for a walk?" I asked coolly, trying to not sound suspicious.

Eliza nodded, "Just make sure Mama doesn't catch you. Otherwise you'll be hearing it from her." She said with a light chuckle.