Chapter Seven

A/N: Okay, so there might be some flashbacks and seeing the future in this chapter. It sounded like a good idea when I was about to fall asleep last night, so I don't see why not 🤷🏼‍♀️ (PS, I fell asleep at like 2:00am, so this'll be interesting) There will also be fluff and angst too 😊

~Two weeks later~

December 1776, New York City, New York

Y/N's POV

Tonight was the night of the masquerade ball. The sisters already had a few ideas on what dress they should wear, while I was struggling to find one. We were at Hercules' tailor shop right now, and the girls were waiting on me to choose.

Eliza chose a dazzling sapphire blue dress, which matched her eyes and her hair color perfectly. Peggy chose a soft yellow dress. The color complimented her skin tone and her brown hair. Finally, Angelica chose a bright coral pink dress. It wasn't the type of bright that would sting your eyes, but more of a dashing bright. The color brought out the deep cocoa in her eyes.

And there was me, not sure what to get. There was a light green dress that I saw, and it was the one that I was looking at when I formally met Laurens. I glanced over at the dress, my mind going back and forth before heading over to it.

"Did you finally find one?" Peggy asked, coming over to the light green dress I was looking at. I guess she took the news of me being a vampire pretty well. There were times in the past two weeks I had to glare at her so she wouldn't say anything.

"I think so? Do you like this one?" I asked her. She looked at the dress, running the fabric through her fingers before smiling.

"I think you'll look great in it! You'll definitely catch people's attention." Peggy said before grabbing the dress and bouncing towards the counter.

Eliza and Angelica were talking to Hercules, most likely about the ball tonight. Peggy placed the dress down on the counter, in front of Hercules. I walked up to them.

Eliza gasps and gives me a playful smirk, "Is that the dress you we're looking at when you met John?" She teased. I glanced at her and gave her a playful glare. She smiled, "Awwww, it is!!!" She squealed. I rolled my eyes before playfully smacking her.

Hercules smiled at us, "Well, the guys and I will be there tonight. Who knows, we might see you there?" He said with a chuckle.

Angelica paid for the dresses, and we all thanked Hercules before heading out of the store. We made our way down the street before Angelica and Eliza turned around, a smirk playing across both of their faces.

"We know your secret." Angelica whispered, her eyes gleaming mischievously. I gulped, slowly backing away from them. Peggy was right next to me.

"I didn't tell them, I swear." Peggy whispered quickly in my ear, so the others couldn't hear.

"Please don't tell anyone! I never wanted to be like this! Please don't cast me out!" I pleaded, eyes watering.

Eliza smirked, "I'm pretty sure we all know."

Well, fuck my cursed life.

Eliza then kept on talking, "We all know you want to impress John tonight~" She chattered.

Wait, what?

I let out a sigh of relief, trying regain my composure, "I-I mean, I-I might......." I said softly. Peggy let out a sigh of relief as well.

"Oh please, we know you do. So, that's why we are going to help." Angelica said, giving me a wicked grin. Should I be scared or excited?

Angelica and Eliza grabbed my gloves hands and dragged me all the way to the mansion, Peggy following at our heels.