Chapter Three

Y/N's POV

1776, New York City

I woke to my stomach growling. I groaned before turning onto my side, but I was met with the burn of the sunlight that filtered into my windows.

I let out a hiss, scooting away from the sunshine that was on my bed. I gently touched my cheek, as that was where the sun hit the most. It stung, but it shouldn't leave a mark.

I looked outside from where I sat on the bed, trying to figure out what time of day it most likely was. It was probably past 9, so I didn't sleep in too late.

My stomach growled once more. 'I'll have to hunt tonight..' I thought to myself as I got out of bed.

I quickly got out of bed and made my way to the dresser. I didn't both to look at my reflection, because I didn't want to get a massive headache.

I put on a light periwinkle bodice with a beautiful blue dress. I then proceeded to grab my sunhat, so I wouldn't burn myself more than I already did.

I opened my door, walked out of my room, and closed it again. I then proceeded to make my way down the stairs and out of the tavern. The tavern was quiet this morning, which I take as a good sign. If the group of rag tags were to come back, I don't know what I would do.

My thoughts then began to shift back from the night before. The group of three men trash talking the British monarchy. It didn't bother me at all, instead, it interested me.

As I walked down the street, thinking to myself, I bumped into a girl wearing a light blue dress. "Oh! I am so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going, my apologies." I said, looking at the girl with a small smile.

She had raven black hair and a heart shaped face. She smiled broadly at me, "Oh, it's quite alright. I should have watched where I was going as well. My name is Elizabeth Schuyler, but most people just call me Eliza, and you?"

I smiled back, "My name is (Y/N). It's a pleasure to meet you Eliza." I said, holding out my hand in greeting. She took it and gave it a light shake. I felt her heartbeat through the palm of her hand, but I couldn't think of it now, otherwise something unimaginable would happen.

"I hope you don't mind, but are you from England?" She asked, noting my accent.

I nodded, "I just came to The Colonies yesterday. I left England in order to be free." I said with another small smile.

Eliza smiled again, "Well, we will have to win the war in order to do so." She was then looked to her right as two girls came up to us. The taller one wore a pink dress, her curly black hair in a ponytail. The other one was wearing a golden yellow dress, her curly brown hair in a pony tail as well.

"Eliza! There you are. We were wondering where you went." The tallest one stated, looking slightly annoyed. Her attention then turned to me, her dark brown eyes scanning me over. "Who are you?" She asked, trying to be polite.

"My name is (Y/N). I just moved here from England." I said. I had no idea who these two were, but they somehow knew Eliza.

"It's nice to meet you (Y/N). My name is Angelica. I'm Eliza's older sister." She said with a kind smile.

"And I'm Margarita! But you can call me Peggy!" The one in the golden yellow dress said enthusiastically.

"It's nice to meet you all, but I'm afraid I have to get going. I need to find a house that I can live in." I said, giving them a small farewell wave.

That's when Eliza grabbed my hand once more. I felt her blood pumping through her veins as I turned around to face her.

"We'll help you! We don't have anywhere else to be right now." Eliza said, looking at her sisters for approval.