I'll Never Forget You - Fred and George

You were running through the halls firing spells at death eaters and all that was going through your mind was 'Is he alright'. You couldn't live without him

"Y/N !" George cried out your name all of a sudden causing you to swing round to see that tears were flowing down his face. He grabbed your arm and began pulling you towards the great hall. The worst immediately flashed through your mind and you got a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. Once you got to the great hall the first thing that caught your eye was a particular ginger boy laying on the floor breathing heavily with short breaths. You ran over to him, tears threatening to spill down your face.

"Freddie!" you shouted frantically, you noticed there was blood pouring out of his head.

"What happened?" you asked George a look of sorrow appearing on your face.

"We were defending the passage ways and a death eater shot a spell but it hit the wall behind us and Fred was under the wall" George said finishing with a sob.

"Y/N can you help him?" George asked frantically.

"I'll try my best" you replied. You took a shaky breathe in and steadily lowered your hands on the side of Fred's head trying to stop the blood flow.

"George, jacket now !" you demanded in an almost scary tone. George quickly took of his jacket and handed it to you, you made a bowl of warm water appear and dipped the jacket into it.

"Ok baby this is going to hurt a little bit but I promise I won't let you die!" you said determined but with a look of empathy on your face.

You placed the warm jacket on the side of Fred's head slowly pressing it down and trying to stop the blood with the minimul supplies you had. Fred began to whimper and squirm with the little to no energy he had left. He looked up at you and tried to push your hands away.

"It's to late for me love" Fred said with a look of sadness on his face.

"No Freddie I can't let you die!" you shouted tears flooding down your face.

"Hey sh it's fine you'll have George and mum and Ginny, you don't need me" Fred said with a small laugh.

"No Freddie you don't understand I do need you I love all of your family but none of them are you" you sobbed into his chest.

Fred reached into his pocket and tucked a gorgeous red ruby ring into your hand.

"You... you were going to propose?" you stuttered out choking back sobs.

"Yes after the war I was going to propose to you because I love you" Fred was struggling to breathe now.

"At least you'll be able to tell us apart now mum" Fred chuckled and then started coughing.

"Take care of her for me Georgie, your the best twin I could've asked for" Fred said

"I love you with all my heart Y/N don't ever forget that you are the best girlfriend I could've wished for Y/N" Fred said taking his last breathes.

"I love you Freddie" Y/N said sobbing into Fred's chest.

"FREDDIE, FREDDIE NO PLEASE WAKE UP DON'T DO THIS TO ME I CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!" you cried clutching onto Fred's chest.

George sunk down to his knees next to you and pulled you into his chest whilst rubbing your back in soothing circles.

-2 hours later-

You and George were sitting on the edge of the once perfect bridge looking out into the sky.

"He's gone, he's really gone Georgie" you said leaning further into George's shoulder.

"He is Y/N, I already miss him" George said as he looked down.

You could tell that George was trying not to cry.

"Hey he wouldn't want you to be upset" you wiped away George's tears.

You both stood up arms linked and walked back to the great hall ready to go back to the Burrow.