Ch-12

When I reached home and climbed back through a window I sat by my bed clutching my knees , tearing pouring down my cheeks

When I reached home and climbed back through a window I sat by my bed clutching my knees , tearing pouring down my cheeks . Holing up and crying my heart out always makes me feel better . Doesn't it make you ?.
But this time it just got worse , the painful images started flashing before my eyes , torturing me . Then , my ears started resonating with painful screams of my victims . I clenched my head and screamed loudly , in a pathetic attempt to drown the voices , the whispers calling me a monster . But they only got louder and louder. Then suddenly my phone started ringing breaking the voices . I wiped the tears and grabbed my phone .

Hayley

I picked it up and asked , "Hey Hayley . How are you ?"in the most cheerful voice I could conjure up at the moment . Desperately trying to hide my feelings , the negative ones of course  . Hayley already has enough to worry about as it is . I can't pop the one good bubble left .

" Hey Ash , Could you -" She started but I cut her off , because I knew what she was going to ask for . Hope is in the habit of me sing her a lullaby every night . She can't sleep without it and anyway I don't mind either . Hope is most definitely my favourite family member . No matter how busy I am , I always make time for her .

" Sure . Be right there" And I hung up .
Then I hurried to the bathroom and washed my face , trying to get rid of the tear stains . And then headed to my bed side table and got the astral projection crystal and started chanting .

" Sang bis najit trouver. Sang bis najit trouver. Sang bis najit trouver.
Sang bis najit trouver. Sang bis najit trouver. Sang bis najit trouver."

Suddenly the scene changed and I was standing in Hope's nursery . She was in her cradle , crying  . When she saw me , she her crying dimmed a little .
" Hey Baby" I smiled and she cooed .
" So which song you wanna hear baby ?" I asked.
" How about , If you need me ? You love that song right ?" And she just giggled
in response . So I cleared my throat once and started singing .

I wish I could fix it, I wish I knew what to say
But everything feels like a lie these days
Don't know how not to feel that way, oh
They're reaching for reasons, it's all gonna be okay
But everyone feels like a liar these days
Don't know how not to feel that way

But if you need me, I'll be right there
When you're dreaming all your nightmares
I'll come tackle the monsters
I'll find where they hide in the nighttime
If you need me, I'll be right there

When you're happy and when you're scared
I can still be your shoulder
I'll be by your side even if I'm not next to you