Help Wanted [Chapter Two]

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that this chapter is dedicated to live_laugh_love96 for making me an awesome cover! Thank you so much, I love it!

---------------------

I shook my head, drying my hair off more with my towel, sitting on my mattress looking around my room. I had no T.V., so I couldn't distract myself while I was waiting. I got up again, going to look into the mirror in my bathroom again. I was so anxious to see my reflection when my hair finally dried.

I was pacing. Yes, a nervous habit of mine. Whenever I was nervous about anything, no matter how small of a detail, I walked back and forth, anywhere and everywhere. I took hundreds of steps, somehow managing to annoy half the people who had ever had to wait with me during some kind of nervous experience. Breakdowns were the worst; I usually just decided to go for a run if it hadn't gotten better by that point.

So now, here I was, pacing around my tiny apartment, waiting for my hair to dry itself so I could see what my new color and cut looked like. I was extremely nervous about the cut I had attempted to give myself. I was in no way a professional, so I was most likely doomed to look like a freak. While my hair had still been wet, I had taken a pair of scissors, pulling down sections of hair one by one in front of my face, cutting the strands until I had straight across bangs covering the entirety of my forehead. I had done my best to make it look even, but that meant nothing when I was the one doing it.

By this point, I was practically running back and forth across the room. But this was good, I thought, maybe my hair would dry faster with the air blowing through it faster than it would if I was walking. I even considered opening my one window, but as I looked out and saw the snow falling thick, I decided it would be suicide with those icy blasts.

This was taking too long! I was dying from suspense, wondering what I would look like. I was hoping it would be enough so that no police or anyone else would recognize me. I was still in hiding from my past life, ruined when I was only 16.

I took a moment to think about it, Parker and I. I still couldn't believe that after all the confessions I had made, they still wouldn't believe that I hadn't ever hurt him physically, let alone kill the guy! I knew I wasn't getting out, so I did the only logical thing, I ran. Two years, I was homeless. My parents had kicked me out the moment the trials had started; they hadn't believed me either.

I caught rides with strangers, I hopped trains, making money along the way. I shivered, remembering some of the unimaginable things I had done to earn my money. I didn't even want to think about those things now, this was supposed to be a happy time; a time to forget and finally move on.

But of course, I would firstly have to decide on whether or not I looked different enough to be invisible. Soon enough, I would be off to a Sam's, a friend I had met a while ago who was an expert in fake papers. Licenses, birth certificates, passports, you name it. I usually got stuff pretty cheap from him because he liked me so much, and he knew that I didn't have a lot of money to go on. But he didn't know about my past, no one did.

I reached up and ran my fingers through my hair, thinking up possible new names, and then I felt it. It was dry!

I was basically screaming out of enjoyment, and typically I was a very quiet person, which shows something for exactly how excited I was.

A loud banging sounded on one of the walls, causing me to fall deathly silent. I knew I was only aloud to stay when I was still so young because I wasn't a disturbance. One little complaint and I could consider myself as homeless as a stray dog; kicked out onto the street.

Closing my eyes as I walking into the bathroom, I felt the excitement still bubbling up inside me. Taking a breath, I opened my eyes and stared at myself in the mirror.