⧼16⧽

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SIXTEEN• ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

Phoenix and the cotton candy pink-haired boy sit next to each other as Taehyung and Jin sit across from them.

"So what do you want exactly?" Taehyung narrows his eyes at him, suspicious.

"I just wanted to meet my neighbors, you know?" Phoenix lies.

"You've been living next door for quite some time and you just now want to meet us?" Jin questions.

Phoenix chuckles nervously, "We've been busy still settling down."

"I'm sorry they're like this," Jimin interrupts the tension, glaring at his two friends. "We don't get visitors often."

"It's no problem."

"How about you and I go talk out in the garden?" Jimin smiles.

"That sounds great."

The two stand and Jimin leads him out into the garden. Before Jimin could exit the house, Taehyung grabs his arm, pulling him back.

"Remember that you don't know him, so don't think with your dick, Jimin."

"I'm just being friendly, unlike you guys," He tugs his arm away. "And by the way, I don't want to nail every cute guy I set my eyes on."

Jimin walks away and Taehyung scoffs.

"Sorry for taking so long." He apologizes to the boy sitting on the bench and sits beside him.

"There's no problem." Phoenix smiles at him and for some odd reason his heart skips a beat.

"So let's just get to the point," Jimin begins. "You want to know where Namjoon's bones are, right?"

"W-What? No!"

Jimin giggles, "Wow, you're such a horrible liar."

"I," Phoenix sighs. "Are you going to kill me?"

"Of course not. The boys and I want to get rid of Namjoon just as much as you do."

"So then where are the bones?"

"We don't know."

"You don't?"

"Nope. This one time Namjoon tested our loyalty. He told us where his bones were and we went and messed it up. He found us burning them," Jimin recalls. "Turns out they were fake and he just wanted to see what we would do."

"But they're somewhere on this property, right?" Jimin nods. "Well, between us four we can find them."

"I don't think the others would want to help. Namjoon has terrorized us so much that they're really afraid of him."

"Then... just you and me?"

Jimin smiles shyly, "Just you and me."

• • • •

You, Jungkook, and Hoseok make your way back to your house after finding Jungkook's bones. The two ghosts sit on your bed looking through the box you found.

"Okay, listen," Jungkook speaks, eyes staring at the picture of his bloody corpse in the woods. "This picture is probably not the best, but my abs look so good here."

Hoseok gives him a weird face and you roll your eyes, chuckling.

Hoseok continues digging through the box until he finds his family album. He holds it in his hands, admiring it as tears dwell in his eyes.

"I haven't seen this in so long." He whispers.

Jungkook puts down the files and looks over Hoseok's shoulder as you sit beside him. He opens the album and starts flipping through it, trying his best to keep his tears in. Soon enough, tears start to fall onto the pages.

Jungkook rests a comforting hand on his shoulder and you lay your head on his other one.

As he keeps looking through it, Hoseok reaches the last few pages you hadn't went through. Your eyebrows furrow and you sit up straight.

"Wait,"

He's about to turn the page but stops. You lean down to look at the photo that caught your eye of Hoseok standing next to a man then pull away.

"Hoseok, why is there a picture of you and my grandpa in your family album?"

────── .✇. ──────

Also, I'm sorry that this wasa very short chapter 🥺🥺

a very short chapter 🥺🥺