⧼03⧽

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER THREE
• sᴏᴏɴᴇʀ ᴏʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER THREE• sᴏᴏɴᴇʀ ᴏʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"Hurry up, Y/N." Iris giggles as she runs out the back door.

You grab the plate of sandwiches from the island table and the napkins before heading outside. You walk over to the picnic table in the backyard and set the plate down in the middle. Phoenix reaches over and grabs a piece, immediately taking a bite.

"Mama, I swear that when you make the sandwiches they taste one hundred percent better."

"Uh-huh," Alena rolls her eyes. "You're just saying that cause you're too lazy to make them yourself."

"No," You back Phoenix up. "It's because you make them out of love."

Your mother rolls her eyes at the two of you and you give each other a high five.

"So," Alena starts. "We've been here for almost two weeks. How are you guys feeling about the house, about school, about the new environment overall?"

"Well, we haven't really gotten the chance to explore Gwangju, but school's been cool, I guess," Phoenix speaks first. "I've made a few friends. The house still gives me the creeps, but what can we do, am I right? If we die, we die."

"For the last time, the house is not haunted," Alena repeats herself for the umpteenth time.

"Yeah, okay, mother."

Alena rolls her eyes at her son and turns to you, "What about you, missy?"

"School's alright. I made a friend who's really funny and nice. The house," You shrug. "I don't really care about it. As long as I don't get dragged out of bed at night, I'm good."

Alena groans, "I'm tired of the both of you."

You and Phoenix smile angelically and your mother turns to talk to the twins.

The wooden door leading to the backyard opens and it catches everyone's attention. Hoseok appears from behind the door and you groan softly.

"You made it!" Phoenix says.

"I wouldn't miss a good ole picnic," Hoseok grins, his lips forming a heart. The blonde boy walks over to the table. "I brought a Black Forest Torte for dessert," He sets down the cake stand in his hands. "These were popular in the 1970s."