stars • [NamJin]

"stars"

namjoon x seokjin

au : yes
content warning(s) : none

○○○

it was late when seokjin came back from working at the restaurant and it was no surprise to him that namjoon was already in bed.

the caregiver silently opened the door to the bedroom and saw namjoon laying on his back, one arm lifted up and pointing at the ceiling.

"hey, bun." the older greeted.

"dada!" namjoon exclaimed. he hadn't heard the other come in, but he was very excited to finally have his caregiver home again. it was hard to have to take care of himself while the cook was working.

"what are you doing, cutie?" seokjin asked, stepping into the room and getting ready to get in bed with namjoon by changing into his pyjamas.

"looking at stars, dada." namjoon smiled. "they beauful."

"beautiful, bun." seokjin corrected the little. "are you feeling very little, hm?"

seokjin could tell his fiance had slipped deeper into his headspace than usual, by the way namjoon used shorter sentences and didn't notice him coming in until he said something. that meant he wasn't paying a lot of attention to his surroundings, something seokjin knew his little struggled with when he was in or close to babyspace.

namjoon just giggled as an answer, confirming seokjin's suspicion. the little focused his attention back on the ceiling, which he had surprisingly been able to focus on for 30 minutes already.

"dada, stars are in heart shape." he mumbled.

"oh, really?" seokjin asked. "can you show me?"

the older laid down on the bed next to namjoon, also looking up at the ceiling. there were dozens of glow in the dark stars stuck to the ceiling, which the two of them had put up only recently. seokjin bought them without hesitating after seeing them in the store and namjoon had absolutely loved them. they were a great way to entertain himself when he had trouble falling asleep and even when he didn't have to sleep at all.

the little started showing seokjin the heart he had spotted and even some smiley faces. For a while the two just laid on their backs, namjoon underneath the covers and seokjin on top of them, with the little talking softly and seokjin listening with a wide smile on his face. he was happy when namjoon was happy.

once namjoon had run out of shapes he had found, he asked his caregiver why he wasn't under the blankets with a pout on his lips.

"i still have to brush my teeth, bun." seokjin explained. "did you brush your teeth before going to bed?"

"hmh!" namjoon hummed, nodding proudly. "wif dino paste!"

seokjin smiled hearing namjoon refer to the dinosaur toothpaste which he allowed the little to use only a few times per week, because it was designed for children's teeth and not adult teeth.

"ah, my little good boy." seokjin praised, ruffling namjoon's hair. "i'll go brush my teeth now and i'll be right back, okay?"

namjoon beamed at the praise and nodded to allow seokjin to leave. he pulled the covers up a little more to where he was hiding himself up to his nose.

seokjin smiled and gave namjoon a peck on his forehead before leaving to the bathroom. when he got back, namjoon had turned onto his stomach and was laying face down on the pillow.

"bunbun? what are you doing?" seokjin asked, concern laced in his voice.

namjoon laughed loudly when he lifted his head up, taking a big gulp of air and pressing his face into the pillow again. he was just playing some sort of game, but seokjin warned him to be careful. after all it was hard to breath when you press your face into a pillow the way the little was doing, so it only made sense for him to worry.

seokjin payed close attention to namjoon while getting in bed and checking his messages on his phone, until the little stopped playing and turned on his side.

"dada cuddle?"

seokjin decided he could answer these emails tomorrow morning as well and put his phone away, rolling over to face a smiling little.

"let's cuddle, bun. are you tired yet?"

namjoon nodded, getting comfortable in seokjin's arms. he nuzzled his face into the caregiver's chest and they tangled their legs. soon after that, the little's breathing slowed down.

"sweet dreams, bunbun." seokjin whispered.

"nini, dada."

○○○

hello! i hope you're all enjoying this so far :) please remember to vote if you liked this chapter ^.^

- EM