extra love • [YoonJinSeok]

"extra love"

yoongi x seokjin x hoseok

au : no
content warning(s) : depression

note: hi there (: this is an extra update. this week (4 - 10 oct. 2020) is mental illness awareness week. i only realised yesterday, otherwise i would've uploaded this on monday already, but it's okay.

i wanted to write something to raise awareness, specifically for depression. in this story yoongi has depressive-like symptoms that are a lot like mine. being depressed isn't just feeling sad, it can also bring physical pain or take away your appetite and many other things. in this one shot i write about the first one.

lil' disclaimer: i was diagnosed three years ago, but i'm not an expert on this subject. depression and other mental illnesses are different for everybody. i just want to use my experience to educate others and break the stigma of talking about these things.

○○○

yoongi felt weird. he couldn't put it into words and didn't know what to do about it. he didn't feel like doing anything, all he really wanted to do was lay in his bed and take naps all day.

of course he couldn't do that on workdays, because he had to go to work, but today it was finally the weekend.

the little slept in until noon, frowning a little when there was no one in the bed with him. usually he would be one of the first to wake up, so he wasn't used to waking up alone. besides, he vividly remembered cuddling up to hoseok, one of his caregivers, the night before.

armed with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, a stuffed animal underneath his left arm and the thumb of his right hand in his mouth, he shuffled into the living room. yoongi saw seokjin sitting on the corner of the couch with jimin next to him and there wasn't enough space for the little to sit between them.

the frown on yoongi's face deepened, he really wanted some cuddles. however, seokjin and jimin were focused on a movie, so he quietly slipped by them and sat down on the other side of the couch, trying his best not to disturb them.

yoongi tried to watch the movie, but because he had missed the beginning it was hard to follow. his headspace, even though he didn't feel that young right now, made it even harder to figure out.

suddenly a slight pain began to build up in his head. it came out of nowhere, scaring the little boy and making him whine softly. he cuddled himself further into the soft blanket which was wrapped around him, trying to shield himself from the pain, but it didn't work.

the stronger the pain got, the louder his whines became and it wasn't long until seokjin heard him.

"what's that no– baby?" he jumped up from the couch and tried to pry the blanket away from yoongi's face in no time. "baby boy, what's wrong? since when have you been here? why are you crying? sweetie?"

yoongi shook his head slightly at all the questions. he didn't like getting so many questions thrown at him so quickly, especially not now when he was feeling bad.

"huggie, daddy, huggie?" he whimpered. he was slowly slipping into a younger headspace, but he had no energy to stop that from happening.

seokjin immediately nodded and lifted yoongi up onto his hip, moving towards their bedroom. "jimin, can you call hoseok for me? ask him to come home earlier, please."

their younger friend nodded and smiled slightly, assuring the older he would do it as soon as possible and reached for his phone. seokjin carried the crying boy into the bedroom, placing him down onto the soft covers.