Her Father's Words

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*I don't own Naruto✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Hinata? Aren't you going to answer the phone." the uchiha spoke.

His words broke her trance with the screen, "Y-yes gomen, I'll be right back." Hinata said, giving the tall man a nervous smile before walking towards her bedroom with her phone.

"H-hello father." she spoke tensely into the phone, her voice shaking a little bit.

"Hinata... how are you?" Her father sounded weirdly... hesitant at his own question.

"I am doing well father." Hinata spoke cheerfully, smiling.

Her father, Hiashi, never really asked her how she was doing, if he were to call her it would always be about school or work. But this was new.

"That's good, it's that time of the year Hinata." he said before her face turned sour.

The hyuga knew exactly what he was talking about, the yearly family gathering more like the yearly family festival. Hinata could never actually go, she would sit inside and watch all the other children. Apparently it was "improper for her to indulge in such activities" because of her status. So she would sit inside the whole night writing talismans for the event that occurred the next morning, a greeting for the gods. Everyone from all over would come, not just the Hyuga. Hinata grew lonely on those nights and soon grew to hate that week of the "Hyuga assembly".

"Oh right, I had almost forgotten." the hyuga said trying to cover the sorrow in her voice.

"You will attend." Hiashi said coldly.

"Hai father." her pale eyes widened realizing no matter how far away she was, he still had power over her.

"I understand but father I have a request." she spoke calmly trying not to aggravate his mood.

"What is it you are asking?"

"Would I be able to bring a guest with me?" Hinata spoke shyly into the phone.

"A guest?" his voice lightened up for a second.

Hinata never really talked about inviting friends over. During school Hanabi would always have friends hanging out with her but for Hinata she never brought up the topic. The young hyuga would usually go straight home after school and study, she did have a lot resting on her back being the heir and all. But she barely conversed anything besides grades and test scores to him.

"Y-yes I met him while staying here, we are both attending the same universty." she spoke brightly, glancing over at Sasuke who was petting Hoshi.

"Stay where Hinata? I got a call from the school saying the dorm rooms were full." he conveyed sternly.

"A-at the Uchiha complex." Hinata totally forgot she hadn't talked to her father about it, she had only told Neji and Tenten. "Gomenasai father I didn't tell you until now..."

"How is Itachi-san?"

Hinata's parents were very fond of Itachi, they would always talk about him. Before her mother passed, Hinata's mother would spend a lot of time with Itachi's family, Mikoto and her had grown up with each other. She was known as Itachi's godmother because she had been there in the hospital when he was born.

"He... he's alright." Hinata said hesitantly as the memories of last night flashed in her mind.

"Who is it that would be your guest Hinata?" Hiashi spoke with curiosity in his voice.

"U-uchiha Sasuke." she said as she turned towards the doorframe getting a glimpse of the cute boy eating apple slices.

The uchiha was leaning against the counter top looking outside the window that let in a small breeze brushing around his bangs. He was smiling, it wasn't something he would usually do but he seemed happy to be there and didn't want to hide it. It almost felt like, felt like they were newly weds? Newly weds that had just started living together. Hinata smiled at the thought.