A Fear of Hurting Someone you Love

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*I don't own Naruto✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Why won't you look at me Hinata!" the blonde yelled causing her eyes to well up.

The hyuga turned away, covering her eyes with her bangs trying to figure out a way to get away from him. She knew she would have a run in with him at some point but she didn't expect to meet the uzumaki this early. The pale eyed girl flinched closing her eyes, letting out a single tear dropping the glass as he slammed his hand on the wall right next to her head. Hinata was scared, scared he was going to hurt her again...

The hyuga heard loud stomps coming towards them, within a second the blonde boy was pushed to the floor. Hinata felt two arms pulling her into a comfortable embrace. She let out a loud sob gripping onto his shirt feeling a palm resting on the back of her head.

"What the hell usuratonkachi?! Are you trying to hurt her?!!" Sasuke shouted, holding tightly onto the crying girl.

Naruto's blue eyes widened at the sound of her crying, he had never heard her cry like this. Naruto had only heard her crying tears of sadness, well he's only heard her cry once. They had gone to visit her mother, it was her mother's birthday and Hinata wanted to bring her flowers. Particularly red spider lilies, he remembers the clear image of hot tears dripping down her face hitting the petals softly when they arrived there. It had been a cloudy day with no blue sky in sight, when they left that was when it started to pour down reminding Hinata of the rainy day her mother passed away.

Sasuke turned around holding Hinata's hand and brought her back to her room while she wiped her eyes, still letting out whimpers. Naruto was on the floor watching the couple walk away from him, turning over to the spilled glass the tomato juice splattered across the floor. The uzumaki stood from his position, picking up the clear glass lined with a red substance letting out a sigh.

Am I too late? He thought of clenching his fists slightly as he heard the sliding door close.

"Hinata, did he touch you anywhere? Did he hurt you?" Sasuke said, his voice brimming with worry.

"N-no." Hinata spoke hesitantly, a stream of salty tears flowing down her face.

The hyuga looked up at him trying to control the tears as her expression started to crumble. In one swift move Sasuke gently caressed her cheek trying to terminate the tears traveling over her red cheeks. He delicately placed his palm on the center of her back pulling her into a close hug trying to hide his resentment for the blonde idiot.

"Hinata... it's ok to be angry." Sasuke heard her sobbing come to a halt.

"I hate him... I HATE HIM!" she shouted clutching onto his shirt pulling it in ache. "He rejected me! He ignored me! And now when I'm finally happy he does this?! IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Hinata yelled into his shirt trembling at her own words. Sasuke thought this would be the third time he couldn't help her, but this was something she couldn't go through all by herself. The uchiha pulled away, recognizing her crying, her tears trailing fast down her face. Her bright lilac eyes were glassy, her cheeks were a pale vermillion, plump lips pursed together signifying she was in pain. He slowly leaned forward connecting their foreheads together closing his eyes stroking her cheek with his thumb caressing her.

"No one will ever touch you like that again." Sasuke spoke tenderly opening his eyes, meeting with hers. "I won't let them."

The tears that had momentarily stopped started to flow again as she let out a soft wail grabbing his wrists.

"Gomene Sasuke-kun, I must be causing you so much trouble." Hinata muttered quietly, hiccuping through her sentence.

Sasuke got up leaving her in the middle of the room grabbing a white cloth, bringing it to the bathroom. The tall uchiha began dabbing the warm towel over her puffy eyes calming down the inflammation. He grabbed a pair of white flats that were sticking out her bag and brought them to her. Hinata looked up at him with confused eyes.