Standing her Ground

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*I don't own Naruto✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

 The cicada hummed, the couple walked through the quiet hall heading towards the sound of people. The smell of dumplings entered her nose making her feel as if she would drool. Hinata gripped tightly onto his arm all eyes going towards the "new" couple that had just walked into the room.

Hinata heard rude whispers from the people around them deciding to ignore it. Although the heir was supposed to marry within the family she didn't want it, she wanted to be with him. Sasuke is undeniably special to her and she did not have any possible means to hide it from anyone.

Her cheeks felt rosy before they turned pale when she spotted a certain pink haired girl glaring at her. Hinata didn't make eye contact with her. The hyuga didn't want another fight to start up right now, it would cause way too many problems.

Hinata let out a soft sigh still feeling the green eyes staring her down, catching the attention of the dark haired uchiha.

"What is wrong Hime?" Sasuke spoke casually, getting used to calling her that.

"H-hime?" her face burned a bright red as the flustered words escaped her mouth. "Oh a-ah it's nothing."

Sasuke looked around scanning the room for any reason for his Hinata to be nervous. His eyes stopped, meeting green ones of a girl dressed in a velvet red kimono glaring at her. Sasuke let out an annoyed hum clicking his tongue as he looked back at the hyuga resting his palm over hers.

"It's Sakura right?" he questioned in a calm tone watching her face fill with shock.

"I-it's nothing to worry about Sasuke." she spoke softly, giving him a small smile trying to cover her panicked expression.

"Don't let Sakura ruin this for you. Today is about you." the uchiha whispered for only her ears, showing her a quick smile before turning back to his stoic expression.

They continued walking through the gallery getting some glances but everyone had mostly gone back to what they were doing. They headed towards the front where there were seats for both Hinata and Sasuke next to the clan leader.

"G-greetings father." Hinata conveyed in a polite tone trying to drown out the nervousness.

He looked away from her making eye contact with the grueling head of the hyuga family. His eyes were pale, a beautiful color like Hinata's, but they had a menacing look that Hiashi couldn't hide.

"Hello Hinata, I see you have brought Uchiha-san with you." Hiashi spoke with maturity raining throughout his tone as he eyed the uchiha. "It is very nice to see you doing well, it has been quite too long."

Sasuke leaned forward bowing slightly, "Yes, it has I hope your family has been doing well."

Her lilac pupils bolted to Sasuke who was bowing towards her father. The uchiha spoke with sophistication laced between his tone, sounding like an adult. She had never heard him talk like this. Hinata had gotten so used to his kind tone and laughter, this side was something she almost had forgotten about.

The hyuga felt a grip on her hand as he led her to the seats next to Hiashi. They both sat down resting their knees on pillows watching the people head over to them.

Sasuke watched her greet the guests as they came up to her. The soft friendly smile taking over her face was serene, waving her hand gently welcome them to this year's celebration. Hinata was so sweet to everyone she met, he felt so lucky to have her, she was so unique compared to everyone else.

The room dimmed as performers began to entertain the audience letting her breathe. Hinata placed her hand down beside her as she let out a sigh of relief calming her senses. A small squeak came from her throat, her eyesight turning down towards her hand. The hyuga felt a light squeeze, his warm palm hugging hers gently as she smiled looking forward. His moves were subtle and simple but they meant a whole lot to her. The heat traveled up to her face turning her cheeks rosy, her eyes softening at his touch.