Chapter 8 (Part 2)

Amavii

"Who knew this would be something THE Diablo would listen to?" I laughed as I sat back watching Diablo sing along to a Megan the stallion song. He had let me plug up my phone in the aux. I wanted to see his reaction to some of my music. Since my friend CeCe told me I had good taste in music, I always take the chance to show off.

"Whatchu tryna say, foo? I can't vibe out to some Megan?" He took his eyes off the road for a split second and made brief eye contact with me.

"I guess you know your Megan, baby." I joked. I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. I looked over at him to see a smirk on his face. Baby? Really!?

"I only know it because it's what the girls play every time we're in the damn car. Like, thottin and boppin has become a fucking trend. Shit, all I hear bitches do is rap about they pussy." He laughed and shook his head. I scoffed at his hypocritical remark.

"That's all guys want from us girls. They look at us and soon as they see us they want to either fuck, or play around with our feelings. I think it's powerful that they are rapping about their vagina in a way that makes it sound as if it has power, because it does. Boys will do anything for an easy lay. I know that much. Especially the conceited ones." I stated factually.

I heard him tsk and smack his teeth.

"Not every guy just wants a bitch to sleep with. I know that much." He threw my words back at me. I scoffed and faced him as we continued to focus his gaze on the rode.

"Your telling me, that YOU don't have more than 10 bodies, and not  a single person you've slept with was just with the intention to have sex?" I asked. He sighed and smirked at me, not responding to my question.

"Exactly. I'm not shaming you, but don't shame woman for doing the same." I stated before grabbing my phone, scrolling for another song.

"You haven't?...you know...slept with anyone just for sexual reasons...right?" He asked while looking over at me briefly. I continued to scroll through my phone for music, waiting to answer.

"No. I haven't. Not my cup of tea." And I simply left it at that. He doesn't need to know that I was a virgin. Wasn't his business. Not yet anyways...

He nodded his head and continued to drive. I clicked on the song I've been dying to play since I got in the car.

The song was playing for about a minute and thirty seconds and throughout the short period of time, I seen Diablo grow to like the song. His head bobbing to the sweet sound of the saxophone and beautiful melody.

"Yo, what song is this?" He asked in all seriousness. I smiled at the thought of him liking my music.

"Tadow, by Masego. It's a beautiful song." I closed my eyes and smiled. This song really brings me peace. Like, every time something in my life is wrong, I just sit and listen to this song and I feel so much better.

"Yeah, it is. Dope as fuck." He smirked and bobbed his head some more.

And that's how the car ride went. Me sharing my music with him and him adding some songs to his phone and me explaining the importance of each song and sound to me. He showed me some music he had up his sleeve and I was surprised. He listens to a lot of smooth rnb like Brent Faiyaz. To say I was surprised to hear his music in his phone was an understatement.

It was like, slowly but surely, Diablo was becoming this different person. Yeah he doesn't give a fuck and is crazy with a gun, but when he's in a peaceful state of mind with no worries, he becomes almost artistic. Like a real mystery. Straight deep as fuck and it was a huge turn on. Just the change of tone and the way he seems so relaxed just makes me feel a little different.