Riddle in the morning

I was really sad because I knew that he had to leave and forget me. I was just a hidden, bohemian presence. I probably didn't even mean to him, he would totally forget me since we won't see eachother for two or so months.

Despite that I was feeling like crap, I still wanted to return to his place. There was some sparkle in him that gave me strength and kept me alive. I felt somthing big for him, but I wasn't that sure if the feeling was mutual.

I was already pretty late so I had to hurry. As I arrived, Dan was still sleeping. He looked like an angel and he was so silent.

I put the toasters on the table and I decided to just wait until he wakes up. If I had done any searches, I would have totally found some clues about Dan's mysterious connection to that movie, but I never liked that kind of people who go through somebody else's stuff so I left that thought. There were so many doubts, but I couldn't push Dan too far.

Suddenly, I heard an iPhone specific message sound. The phone was right on the table next to me. I knew it wasn't a fair thing to do but I checked the message: what if he received an important text from his parents?

My heart started beating so fast as I read the short, but very disturbing message from an unknown sender.

"Hey cool boy, miss me already? I kind of do. Call me-

R."

I could tell that the word "cool" had a different connotation. I was pretty sure she  used it intentionally because of the quote that I found written on that mysterious napkin. And that made me realise that it was all about that enigmatical person, R.

I didn't unlock his phone, nor entered the messages section so he could notice the text. I felt bad that I had read it, but the arcanum was climaxing.

Several minutes later I could hear a deep groan. Dan woke up. His hair was all messy but he still looked...cool.

"Good morning! What took you so long! You're such a heavy sleeper!" I complained.

"Oh, I'm so sorry.. How long have you been awake? And what's this smell?"

"Well, not that long. Maybe two hours or something.."

I could see Dan's eyes gaping and I started laughing.

"I also brought some toasters and coffees. Wanna join me?" I added.

"Wow, you're absolutely amazing. Thank you so so much!" he said.

He went to the bathroom and then returned to have breakfast together. Everything went normal as it was supposed to do.

"So what are your plans for today?" I asked, hoping that he would suggest somthing to do.

"I don't know. We could go tonight somewhere with the boys and their girlfriends. Let me just call Woody."

He checked his phone and I could see his face and eyes darkening as he read that message. He clearly didn't seem happy as if so many forgotten memories came back to haunt him.

"Hello, man! What are you doing tonight? Oh, really? I almost forgot! Have you talked to Ralph? That's great, thanks Woody."

"The guys are going to a To Kill A King gig which I almost forgot about. Do you want to come? You could finally meet Ralph, my best friend. Please come!" Dan insisted.

"Yeah, sure. Meanwhile, I have to return to the hotel and get ready. And before you say anything, I'm taking a walk, no problem." I told him.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you there? Ok, ok. Love you. I'll call you later." he said as he gave me a long, sweet kiss.

I refused him because I just felt like having a moment with myself. Maybe the concert would be a great idea, but I really had to forget about R somehow.