True romance

"Thank you so much for this night.. It was wonderful. You... are wonderful." I affirmed.

"Stop it, please. You are the one who managed to make me feel this novel sensation. I truly love you. It feels wrong to say this since you are a lot more younger than me. I love everything about you: from your big dark, but bright eyes with their little stars when you see me, to your presence, smell and touch. I just feel you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. And believe me, I want this to last as long as our lives will." he said as he kissed my lips.

A wet, tiny kiss. His lips were like a rare, craved rose. As he kissed me, I could feel our infinite gardens merging into an angelic whole.

"So, I guess I'll just drop you off at your hotel... Or do you want to come over to my place? We'll watch a movie or something.." he suggested as he gently put his hand in my hair.

I wasn't quite sure if it was the best thing to do, but cuddling with him while watching a movie seemed perfect.

"Well, let's go to your place then!" I winked.

In that moment it didn't even matter that my money were lost since I didn't spend the night at the hotel. All I could think about was the fact that I was about to spend a perfect night with Dan.

It wasn't too far from the pub so we got there really qucikly. "Menswear" by The 1975 was playing in the car.

We arrived at this apartment. As I entered, I could feel his unique, beautiful smell all over the place. I was about to be covered up in his whiff, but I wasn't rebelling at all.

It wasn't a very big apartment but it actually looked like the owner was a musician: he had so many vinyls, CD's and music players. He also had a huge TV with many movies underneath and a black sofa. His living-room was really cosy and looked so good. I could also see that he was a bit messy but it didn't matter at all.

"Have a sit, please. Do you want me to make some popcorn and maybe meanwhile you'll choose a film to watch?" he suggested.

"Yeah, sure!"

The DVD's were all organised and he had such a great taste from what I could see. I've watched some of those movies, but I found one called "True Romance". It was by Quentin Tarantino.

"Hey, Dan! What about "True Romance", have you watched it?" I shouted since he was in the other room.
"Uhm.. Wait, hold on!"
He returned with the popcorn in his hands but as he saw the DVD his face turned grey and he said with a low voice:

"Not.. That one.."

His words seemed to be sinking in his ocean of memories.
"Alright, Dan, but what happened, really?" I asked him.
"Nothing, it's just.. I'll tell you at the right time, I'm sorry."

His insecurity kind of scared me. Was something wrong with me? Why didn't he want to watch it? So many unanswered questions.