[30] Thanks For The Memories

MARGO

COUNTDOWN: 20 DAYS

Strictly business Margo. You're here to thank Darren. Okay? Okay. You got this.

I mentally cheer myself. Since it's like, 20 more days till I leave, I promised that I'd spend 10 days of it purely with Darren and the other 10, with Jecca (it's their awesome ship name, I know) and Lieutenant. I mean, it's hard to let go - and I love my family, trust me, I do. But, I can't bring anymore disappointments to my family's name.

Me and Darren were going to the park, complete with all the picnic basket and blanket and all of that shizz. It was the least thing I could do for everything that Darren did for me, and to be honest, I owe him my life.

My phone suddenly starts ringing and vibrating, "Hello?" I said. "Hey Margo." the voice on the other line spoke. "So," Darren continued, "picnic?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Be there in five."

"See ya Lieutenant!"

"See ya, love!"

Rushing to my closet, I wore some of the clothes I bought for my last days. My luggage to Australia were all prepared and I'm just going to pack these clothes when their all laundered and clean. Wearing a simple lavender dress with laced ends that dropped 5 fingers above my knee matching it with white flats - I went to the girl-next-door look. And I hope he likes it.

Not that I'm dressing up for him though, I just, wanted to him to notice m- gah. I'm totally dressing up for him. What am I talking about?

Then, there was a knock on the door - "M, you ready?"

"Coming!"

I take a last look at the mirror.

---

"So-" I tried to start up a conversation when Darren was fixing our picnic spot. "How about you help me out?" he asks, annoyance evident in his voice. "Like, you do know that this hard."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, laying a checkered blanket and putting a basket on top is really hard."

"Lousy." he teased. "Dumb." I retort.

"Jesus. Why don't you just help me?" Darren laughs.

I shake my head, smiling - "Fine!" I giggle.

A head bang and a tease later, we were eating Peanut Butter Sandwhiches that Aunt Jewel made for us. "So..." he began to say, "how's life?"

"Still bugging me."

Then he pinched my cheek like a baby - "Oh come on D! You know I hate those things!"

"That's why I'm doing it, genius." he retorts. "But seriously - thanks for the memories, Big D." I smile, blushing. "Hey," he places his hand on my cheek, "Thanks for coming into my life."

"YOU'RE SO MUSHY DARREN, EW!"

"ATLEAST I DON'T HAVE COOTIES, YUCK!"

==

We were lying down beside each other on the plaid blanket over the evergreen grass, arguing about sweet nothings; until I asked, "What if you forgot me? Because I'm pretty sure I won't forget you, Lieutenant."

He sighed, "Listen, Margo - I won't- I can't forget you alright? I can't. I'm unable to."

"Why?" I asked and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Because- Just because," he stuttered, "how could you ever forget your first love? your first ever friend? your first ever duet? a lot of my firsts were taken by you, M. How could I forget that? How could I forget the day you introduced nutella to me? How could I forget the moment you told me that you and I were going to be friends forever?"

And he held me by the wrist and said, "How could I ever forget the one who changed my life?"

"Well, I'm glad to know that I'm the one you're reffering to." I smiled, and finally grabbing hold of his hand. "Because you know, D? I can't forget you. I never will, I never can."

"I remember the first time I was going to the Philippines without you." He laughed. "I rememeber tears, streaming down your face (aha see what i did there? hahaha) and you said, "Don't leave please." and then I replied with "I'll never let you go.""

"Ghad, you were so cheesy. You need Jesus, D. You need him."

"I do - and I need you too."

=

YES I UPDATED HOORAAH

AND YES I HAVE MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK

AND YES YOU CAN GO AND HATE ME NOW